• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Booyah Battle 4

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker

November 14th @ 1pm EST

Welcome again to another Booyah Battle! Continuing our successful series where we never do the same things, this time with Swiss Brackets! We also are starting the Booyah Battle Fund, where you can donate to the prize pool to help the competitive scene grow! We're glad to see people have fun with this series, so we will continue to do our best to make this as fun as possible.

Now, get ready squids and kids! The battle for Inkopolis Plaza supremacy is here once more! Ready your squads and ink! This is the Booyah Battle!

Signups are finished!

Please click the link above to be sent to the form where you will fill out your team's information. Only one person per team is needed to fill out the form. In that form, you will be linked to the Challonge singups page where you will have to register your team on Challonge and signup as your team.

• Signups will close a day before the event begins.
  • Please limit the number of teams your squad signs up to 2
  • Signups end on 11/13 @ 1pm EST
Do note that if you fail to check in during the noted time, your team will be DQ'd.

Please note that you are expected to understand the rules and how they work.
>>RULES<<

FORMAT
Swiss Bo5
Top 8 Double Elimination Bo5

MAP ROTATIONS
BRACKET

Map rotations for each round will be announced the day before the event begins.

We will seed the tournament based on the current
Booyah Battle Rankings (Ceated using SkillKeeper)

We are pleased to announce that we are now starting the Booyah Battle Fund. Here, spectators and players may donate whatever amount they want towards the prize pool. 100% of the money donated will go towards the prize pool (taxes may be figured into this). We will be keeping track of the current pot size. There will also be a thank-you page during the tournament to thank all the people who donated.

The winning team will also receive a special flair for /r/Splatoon!

>>
Booyah Battle Fund<<

Current Pool
$94

Last edited:

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
We need something like this for all tournaments!

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
Is this tournament only going to be saturday so I know whether to ask off 1 day or two days?

Yugo1234

Inkling
NNID
benshever
I have a picture of desk framed on my Yugo will be signing up.

However we are known as Alias now.

We will still be seeded 7, correct?

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
I'll be posting signups next week. We are still in the middle of deciding format and such since we want to limit this tournament to one day. Furthermore, we are thinking about doing something interesting for the prize, so we're sussing out the details for that. Stay tuned for more information.

And yes, Alias will be seeded 7th.

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Nice job with the stats and BB rankings. I hope that other tournaments do this in the future.

oL is looking forward to competing in BB4

Triforce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
triforcemx1
I sent the sing up for Los Falcon Punch, CU on November 14th :)

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
I have filled in the form for IU Earth and was just wondering if it definitely sent? If not, I'll do it again. :rolleyes:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
So a few updates.

First, we will be including Museum d'Alfonsino into our rotations. Don't worry, this new map will only appear sporadically. Further map rotation changes also include upping the occurrence of Rainmaker. Basically, you'll see all three game modes used in the first three rounds of each match.

Second, I want to thank the people who donated to the Booyah Battle fund! Currently we have received more than $20. We thank you for helping to support this event as well as donate to the name of competition as a whole. This brings our total prize to $70+.

Lastly, signups will finish tomorrow at 3pm EST, so please make sure you get in fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom