• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Branded Weapons?

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Not sure if anyone else has seen it, but I saw this video...
Apparently weapons can be 'branded'?

Skip to 8:36 and you'll see 'Tentatek Splattershot', which happens to also be a brand of shoes in the game.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
Seems neat. Might be a weapon skin or something, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
I think it's just a weapon variety that shares its name with the brand (and might have visuals to match that brand). I don't think you can customize the weapon itself.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Actually I recall a Splatoon tumblr post showing an Inkling with a pink Diamond studded Blaster. Maybe its just a brand's style, maybe you can decorate weapons... Either way, its cool!

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Another variation of the weapon type probably with different sub-weapons/specials. There's also versions of the charger weapons with scopes on them which look pretty cool :scared:

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Apparently, these branded weapons have existed for far longer than we thought.

In the first 7 seconds, on the Yellow team you can see the Inkling on the left has the Tentatek Splattershot. This video was posted back in March.

Aura

Infiltrator
Decorating your own weapons would make this game destory TF2 cosmetically. I hope that's actually a thing. Damn- this game cannot come out sooner! I want to know what we're dealing with. Lol

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Decorating your own weapons would make this game destory TF2 cosmetically. I hope that's actually a thing. Damn- this game cannot come out sooner! I want to know what we're dealing with. Lol
I know right? Just one month away guys, one month away....

Anywho, you can't decorate your weapons I don't think, but I do think there will be many different styles of the same weapon available in the shop, probably available to players who reach a certain level, considering only a handful of people who I've seen play the game had the Tentatek Splattershot. Could this mean that once you reach a certain level, you can unlock different brands of items? Neato!

Meanwhile, I've created a list of all the brands in the game thus far
Tentatek
Inkline
Zink
Splash Mob
Krak-on
SquidForce

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Yeah, the developers have said that even though there's gonna be tons of weapons, there'll also be tons of branded weapons as well.

I have a feeling we're gonna be spending so much in-game cash to unlock everything, haha

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
Branded weapons are an awesome feature!! We can customize our inkling or team to be decked out in a certain brand making it look like that brand is a sponsor or something, pretty neat!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Man, that's amazing. It really fits the whole sorta mall teenager kind of vibe this game emits with it's clothing and shop styles. :)

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I know right? Just one month away guys, one month away....

Anywho, you can't decorate your weapons I don't think, but I do think there will be many different styles of the same weapon available in the shop, probably available to players who reach a certain level, considering only a handful of people who I've seen play the game had the Tentatek Splattershot. Could this mean that once you reach a certain level, you can unlock different brands of items? Neato!

Meanwhile, I've created a list of all the brands in the game thus far
Tentatek
Inkline
Zink
Splash Mob
Krak-on
SquidForce
I found another one. Forge. It's the brand shown in the Headgear Store screenshot on the official website.

Also, I think I get the point of the brands, and the loadout scheme now! The brand determines what the main weapon is paired with for Sub and Special weapon slots! If you want to see me break down that logic, I had a thread where I was trying to solve that mystery called "A Clarification on Loadouts", which I am about to go post on. Thanks Bottlecapn! You have advanced my understanding of the game, and potentially helped solve a big question people have had about the mechanics for ages now!

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I found another one. Forge. It's the brand shown in the Headgear Store screenshot on the official website.

Also, I think I get the point of the brands, and the loadout scheme now! The brand determines what the main weapon is paired with for Sub and Special weapon slots! If you want to see me break down that logic, I had a thread where I was trying to solve that mystery called "A Clarification on Loadouts", which I am about to go post on. Thanks Bottlecapn! You have advanced my understanding of the game, and potentially helped solve a big question people have had about the mechanics for ages now!
Thanks to you too! I now understand the brands, and that's freakin awesome! I'm glad we we're able to put the two pieces of the puzzle together! I'll be sure to check out your thread as well. :)

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Well, the different sub/special weapons are definitely one possibility, but do keep in mind that different brands of the same weapon might end up functioning in different ways. For instance, what if the Tentatek Splattershot has slighter higher range but slightly higher ink consumption than the normal one? These are the kinds of small modifications I can see from branded weapons. You see much the same thing from a game like Borderlands 2--each manufacturer has certain "specialties", so one brand of guns has higher damage than average, one has higher magazine sizes, one has higher accuracy...

I imagine those two things will work in concert. Yes, you'll get a different secondary weapon and special... but you might also be affecting the base stats of the weapon by using a specific brand, making it a potential trade off.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Well, the different sub/special weapons are definitely one possibility, but do keep in mind that different brands of the same weapon might end up functioning in different ways. For instance, what if the Tentatek Splattershot has slighter higher range but slightly higher ink consumption than the normal one? These are the kinds of small modifications I can see from branded weapons. You see much the same thing from a game like Borderlands 2--each manufacturer has certain "specialties", so one brand of guns has higher damage than average, one has higher magazine sizes, one has higher accuracy...

I imagine those two things will work in concert. Yes, you'll get a different secondary weapon and special... but you might also be affecting the base stats of the weapon by using a specific brand, making it a potential trade off.
That's also something I've thought of, but from watching quite a few matches with the Tentatek Splattershot, there wasn't any noticable difference. Maybe I'll have to look again.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I saw a gameplay video of a gun called the Splattershot Pro, and it appears to have a slower rate of fire but better accuracy.

When I first watched the video I didn't know it was called the Splattershot Pro, and instead I thought it was maybe some variant of the Jet Squelcher based on the way it performed. Then I saw another video that shows a player getting killed by one, which displays the name of the weapon as Splattershot Pro(@~1:05):

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
anyone know if there is any revealed brands of the splat charger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom