• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Brella is Release!

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
I'm pretty excited! I was honestly terrible with it during my 1st single player playthrough, but it's an interesting concept so I can't wait to see it during battles

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I'm pretty excited! I was honestly terrible with it during my 1st single player playthrough, but it's an interesting concept so I can't wait to see it during battles
Yeah, Hero Mode has a lot of puzzles, and a weapon with such a short range and a shotgun useage wasn't very good for that.
But in Turf Wars....
Yesssssssssss

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
This is probobly going to change the meta a BUNCH, but then get nerfed. Speaking of which, does anyone's no what the meta is right now?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Im totally not being a scumbag and using the Slosher to hard counter all the brellas for easy wins. Definitely not. Only jerks would do something like that...! heh.... :oops:

Look. This is like one of the only times I get play with the hero slosher and not get wrongfully bodied by the legions of Tri-Sloshers running amuck.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Im totally not being a scumbag and using the Slosher to hard counter all the brellas for easy wins. Definitely not. Only jerks would do something like that...! heh.... :oops:

Look. This is like one of the only times I get play with the hero slosher and not get wrongfully bodied by the legions of Tri-Sloshers running amuck.
I'm blasting the brellas with my Jet, so it's not like I'm any better :P

Agent Z

Inkling Commander

.... You are threatening the wrong Octarian, chum.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Speaking of chargers, it's going to be a loooooot harder to snipe people. :confused:

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
I'm actually doing ridiculously well with the splatbrella. Then again, I think people saw it and are like "SHIELD!" And are running into battle spamming the shield. I look at it and am like "SHOTGUN!" And It's a 2 shot with good aim (not even perfect), 1 shot if they're in enemy ink.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
So far I'm not impressed. It's early in the meta but so far I'd say it's a low tier weapon. You have to be very skilled to have success with this. I'm talking about S+ Ranked btw. Against randoms in Turf War it's ok.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
The brella feels a little too slow to play super aggressive with. It has really fast movement/wall climbing so it's good for flanking, but direct combat is difficult against higher ranged weapons. Point blank shots deal 90 damage while longer ranged shots can do as little as 10-15 damage which kinda forces you to approach/retreat in most cases. If you try to approach and they just shoot while retreating there is not really anything you can do other than back off or shoot your umbrella at them lol.

With that said, I think this weapon truly shines as a supportive weapon. It has a ton of utility since it can block basically anything thrown at it. Blocking charger shots while riding the tower in Tower Control, defending your partners super jump in, blocking tenta missiles, ink jet, bomb rush and all the regular bomb subs, and pretty much anything else that would normally force you to retreat and lose ground control. I've already found myself fearless of tenta missiles, chargers, and flinging rollers. The mobile shield by launching the umbrella is really fun also! I have not found any amazing uses for it yet, but at the very least it's a low commitment for free pressure on the opponents and one of the only range options we have. I've already landed a couple of surprise kills with it and I think it would be incredible for pushing people into water since it has a decent amount of knock back.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Its inking ability is much better than I expected, I won 4/5 of my ranked games with it, almost broke 2000p inked with this one match:

The shield should be used sparingly, but is very powerful when used with your teammates. I have found movement speed and ISM to be the most useful abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom