• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Brella Thoughts.

AnonymousSquidKid

Inkster Jr.
Brella released yesterday, here are my thoughts:
1. Good splat potential: 2-hit kill w/ good spread. Works like blaster in this sense(Close Range, fast kill)
2. Good Utility: The shield gives the brella a good way to get in close to splat and can ink paths for transport.
3. So-so sub and special: Sprinkler is good for spreading ink and provides distraction, but lacks power to help splat. Mainly good for turf wars. Ink Storm will flush opponents and and help you splat faster, but not much more than that.
4. No long/ mid range combat. Nothing to say on this.

Write what you think.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
It's probably going to be VERY good for Splat Zones, and should be good on turf war. It gets shredded by anything with more range or fire rate, though.

redbunnyer

Inkster Jr.
It seems like a good weapon, but needs to be up close to be most effective. The shield seems pretty hard to time correctly, as you have to fire first. Sub could be better, I would have preferred burst or splat bombs. Overall it is pretty fun to use though.

AnonymousSquidKid

Inkster Jr.
I agree. I think a carbon version where it did less damage but fires faster and the shield is quicker is possible.

redbunnyer

Inkster Jr.
I agree. I think a carbon version where it did less damage but fires faster and the shield is quicker is possible.
I think that's a really cool idea. I would love to try a weapon like that. I think a brella that could hold its shield up longer without firing it would be interesting. There's so much they could do with this weapon.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Nah. Not a weapon for me. Not really good at close combat and the shield brella takes a bit too long to fire. Waiting until they make a different version (carbon maybe) where it's much faster but does less damage.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Nah. Not a weapon for me. Not really good at close combat and the shield brella takes a bit too long to fire. Waiting until they make a different version (carbon maybe) where it's much faster but does less damage.
Close combat is actually where it excels. Shotguns are excellent for getting up close and personal. They scatter the ink everywhere, which is weak at a long range, but if all of those little drops of ink hit their target at close range, it packs a real punch. You just have to shoot and strafe a lot.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Close combat is actually where it excels. Shotguns are excellent for getting up close and personal. They scatter the ink everywhere, which is weak at a long range, but if all of those little drops of ink hit their target at close range, it packs a real punch. You just have to shoot and strafe a lot.
Yea I'm still practicing. Literally everyone is using Splatbrellas and they kinda suck at it. But we all know because it's only been out for a day. Btw, does anyone like the pose your character does with the splatbrella after winning?

redbunnyer

Inkster Jr.
Yea I'm still practicing. Literally everyone is using Splatbrellas and they kinda suck at it. But we all know because it's only been out for a day. Btw, does anyone like the pose your character does with the splatbrella after winning?
Oh yeah I think the pose is awesome. Sort of like the splatling pose from the first game.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
The Brella is the weapon i always wanted, some utility, offensive and defensive usable. The flying Shield is great for moving forward or mix up.

Also its great for support, you see another player move between your ally and the enemy shoot and open the shield its so distracting your teammate literally does get a free kill.

OFC it does have flaws but overall its my favorite, skyrocket first place.

PS: i love the Kit, i love my sprinkler and i love the cloud.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Btw. is the flying shield capable of pushing back enemies?

I was near the water and used it and my enemy fall into the abyss but i couldn't see if he was pushed or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom