• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Bubbles - To Break or Not to Break

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Talk about when opponent's bubbles should or shouldn't be broken.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
For me when I send out some bubbles I'm usually waiting for a good opportunity to pop them so I have them maintained to burst at a moments notice. it's a little frustrating to have someone pop them at a bad time but I completely under stand, its impossible to communicate that kind of thing. But to be honest the only time it pisses me off is when people pop them during a push in CB. I have them there for protection and I maintain them so teammates have a defence. the other team shouldn't be stupid enough to get close with them ready to pop, so they sit back and wear them down. so I say letting them pop is ok in a majority of situations, just know when a strategy is in play to avoid a mess up.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
welp, never mind you were talking about the opponent.

im going to uh.. go now...

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I always try to pop them before they explode on me. I’ve seen bubbles take out multiple people at once....especially if that person has special power up gear to make the bubbles bigger. When I first started playing this game, I never realized how useful bubbles really are in certain modes. Didn’t they buff them? Maybe that’s why I see them more now than when I first started playing.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
It's better to pop them when a person doesn't have their team around them to burst the bubbles and try to rush them down while they're pulling them out. If you can't get rid of the bubbles in time and/or if the other team is cooperating with the bubbles, you need to run away or hide in a corner to avoid the explosion.

If you focus too much on the bubbles and not the person, you won't be able to break them even with weapons such as a Splatling. Another thing you could do is pull out Baller to counter push or use a Splash Wall to have better chance to survive.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I've never really had trouble with them but it depends on the situation. If I know I'm being backed into a corner or they're ruining something such as Splat Zones, then I'll try to pop them.

Reactions: the

Maave

Inkling Commander
Very situational. If it's a 1v1 I'll try to slip shots between the bubbles to splat the enemy, then pop the bubbles once he's dead. If there are multiple enemies I'll run, because they will totally overpower my shots. Maybe I'll throw a bomb to catch an enemy who's standing to close to the bubbles. If there are multiple teammates to help me then I'll try to pop the bubbles directly.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Tough question, but i agree it's very dependent on the current situation.
Generally speaking when enemy bubbles are on choke points or a ranked objective (happens alot from my experience), i'll always try to use the opportunity to catch my opponents of guard by for example throwing a bomb on a bubble near an enemy or target the special user (who is still in his/her special animation) if the opportunity arises.
A side-effect of bubbles is how they obscure the vision of both you and the enemy, wich can be used in your favor, reason why I prefer a stealthy approach on enemy bubbles.

I very rarely bother to fight the bubbles directly for multiple reason:
- Your vulnerable to an enemy ambush if zeroing in on a bubble.
- Can lead to stalling the match, especially dangerous if the enemy has the objective
- more personal: It's huge gamble to focus on the bubbles in solo que due how you can't tell how many teammates will also do the same, you really want to overpower bubbles together rather then alone.

Another thing important to now, if a bubble explodes near other bubbles, those bubbles wil likely explode too possible making your effort on 'canceling' some bubbles futile.

Of course, this makes it also always risky as you can easily end being blown up yourself.
if the bubbles are in a cramped space i rather wait for the enemy to explode them and directly attempt to take back the ground, possible using subs or countering with a special of my own.
One thing I noticed is that players in ranked focus on bursting the bubbles directly rather then waiting and use them as a 'buffer' or something, so i'm not at a risk of losing precious time waiting on the bubbles to explode.

Situations were i do attempt to overpower the bubbles is when either the enemy is pushed back or splatted but their bubbles remain or when my team actually focus on a bubble and they are low on 'health' anyway.
But both of these are on the rare side.

Sorry i made this pretty long (never typed the word bubbles as much as now), i'm learning how to use and deal with it myself and ended up thinking alot about it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom