• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Builds for Carbon Roller?

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
I've been getting back into the only roller I like, so I need some advice with builds. I've been running a Damage Up/Ink Recovery Up because of burst bombs and because I run out of ink quick. Could some of you guys recommend some builds that I could use? Thanks!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I've never really had problems with ink efficiency with the carbon roller, but for a long time I ran a ink saver hat standard for everything.

Ninja Squid is helpful, but requires substantial investment in swim speed up (at least one main and a few subs, IMO). I usually use this for Carbon Ninja:

:head_cap001:| :ability_swimspeed:, :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:clothes_tes022:| :ability_ninjasquid:, :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_shi005:| :ability_inkresistance:, :ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
It covers the swim speed penalty then some, allows me to take an extra hit from some weapons (which can be crucial), and gives me a little damage help. I also have a perfect pink-polo ( :clothes_plo000:| :ability_ninjasquid:,:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:) that I'd use if I was worried about ink efficiency (sacrificing some speed).

If you don't think you need ninja squid, I'd run a damage up shirt (either part-time pirate :clothes_tly007: or navy striped LS :clothes_tel003: for ink efficiency).

Basically, swim speed and damage up are your friends, but I'd rather have swim speed if I had to choose.

Some people don't think ink resistance is necessary, and I guess it is a bit of a crutch, but I always prefer it.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Here's mine, focusing mainly on Burst Bombs with range ups giving em Jet Squelcher range and damage ups improving their kill potential. I used to use Ink Recovery but replaced with Special Saver so I can Inkzooka more, and really the Carbon Roller's ink efficiency is very good, especially if you flick-roll-swim to get places without losing ink, and then of course Burst Bombs are the sub with the lowest ink cost.

:head_rvl000: :ability_bombrange: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:clothes_tly000: :ability_specialsaver: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_slp000: :ability_bombrange: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
If only I had all these perfect rerolls...

Thanks guys! I'll definitely try these out.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
image.jpeg

This is my loadout here.

White Headband (Squidforce): Main-Ink Refil Up; Subs-2X Damage Up, 1X Ink Saver (Sub)
Armor Jacket (Cuttlegear): Main-Special Charge Up; Subs-3X Swim Speed Up
Crazy Arrows (Takoroka): Main-Stealth Jump; Subs-3X Special Charge Up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom