• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Calamari Cup 3: Spicy Skirmish Results and Feedback Thread

Round Robin to Single Elims or Double Elimination?

• Round Robin to Single Elims

• Double Elimination

• Other (post down below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
Before we start, I'd like to thank all the teams who signed up for CC3! I can certainly speak for all the TOs when I say we did not expect such a large number of teams to apply! After having to raise the team cap from 32 to 48 we doubled the team cap from Calamari Cup 2 and tripled the cap from the original Calamari Cup! It's such an honor to be a TO for these tournaments, and I hope we can continue to make them bigger and better!

Watch Grand Finals here!

PKfuzzy's POV (NSTC)

Scarth's POV (JFG)
(Also includes Loser's Finals Against Koopa Clan)

Welcome to the Calamari Cup 3: Spicy Skirmish Feedback Thread!

Please comment with any form of feedback/criticism/suggestion you may have down below!

Some topics to consider commenting on:

Maps/Modes
-Were the maps/modes good?
-Did they seem varied enough?
-Should the list have been released at a different time?
-Should anything be banned next time?

Rules
-Were the rules concise?
-Did they work effectively?
-Should any be changed?
-Were any of the rules too strict?

Discord Server
-Did the added channels help? (e.g. #helpdesk, #captains-winners/losers, #roster_edits, etc.)
-Was the server easy to navigate and not confusing?
-Should any changes be made to the server?
-How was the staff?

General
-Has the tourney gone smoothly?
-Could all the information be found easily?
-Was the date and time of the tourney acceptable? Should it be changed for any future tourneys?

Also, just to check...
Which do you prefer? Round Robin to Single Elims (Original CC format) or Double Elimination?
Answer in the poll above!

Thanks!
-CC Staff (@Demiose, @Dne1494, @Burritoburger, @XenoPixel)​

Last edited:

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
I'm writing this up before we've reached the end of the tourney, but i'd like to formally apologize for the duration taken to complete the loser's bracket. Bo3 rounds should in no way take longer than half an hour each, and some teams unkowingly "took a break" during matches which stopped us from being able to continue at a fast pace. I feel like the loser's bracket went by at an unnacceptable pace, and I apologize for that.

However, the rest of the tourney ran relatively smoothly, with no major issues popping up. We've heard complaints for Loser's finals being Bo3 instead of Bo5, but I feel it's a good choice we made as the losers was already progressing at a snails pace.

As for the rest of the teams, I hope you enjoyed what you go to play, and consider joining another CC, next time preferably RR with minimal downtime :)

Chermender

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chermender4lyfe
I'm writing this up before we've reached the end of the tourney, but i'd like to formally apologize for the duration taken to complete the loser's bracket. Bo3 rounds should in no way take longer than half an hour each, and some teams unkowingly "took a break" during matches which stopped us from being able to continue at a fast pace. I feel like the loser's bracket went by at an unnacceptable pace, and I apologize for that.

However, the rest of the tourney ran relatively smoothly, with no major issues popping up. We've heard complaints for Loser's finals being Bo3 instead of Bo5, but I feel it's a good choice we made as the losers was already progressing at a snails pace.

As for the rest of the teams, I hope you enjoyed what you go to play, and consider joining another CC, next time preferably RR with minimal downtime :)
ill sue for not rigging it for me

Danny

Inkling
NNID
Simple
This was the silliest part of the tournament for me. The rest of it was relatively sane (extending the team cap is pushing it a bit, but it's not a bad idea per se). However the moment that loser's bracket became Bo3 instead of Bo5 everything just became a lot more of a drag. Being in the loser's bracket is already a pain in the ***. Having less games for redemption is just kicking someone while they're down.

A TO's responsibility is to allow fair games and let time not drag on. Failing on the former but succeeding on the latter is not what I consider to be a successful. I understand wanting to run the tournament in time but sacrificing fairness for it is just not the way to go. Either make the entire tournament Bo3 or make it all Bo5. Don't switch in between based on where you are in the bracket.

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
I know I'll be called out for making excuses but uh
Towers twice in the grand finals mapset #1? There's 15 maps to choose from
Good apart from that though
Agreed. Also maybe Pit RM isn't the best map to start a GF with.

Otherwise I think this tournament went along pretty smoothly considering the big size. What I would have changed is making loser's finals at least bo5. Other than that I think it's a good idea to make loser's bo3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom