1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Callie vs. Marie vs. Pearl vs. Marina

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Tadashi, Sep 8, 2017.

?

Which Squid Sister or Off the Hook member do you prefer?

1. Callie

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Marie

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  3. Pearl

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Marina

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tadashi

Tadashi Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Dragoon29
    It's no secret that many people prefer the Squid Sisters over Off the Hook, but which member of either group do you prefer – Callie, Marie, Pearl, or Marina?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally I prefer Callie over Marie and Marina over Pearl. I like Callie because she's so upbeat, and I like Marina because she's so hot. Although Callie is my favorite of the four, Marina certainly gives her a run for her money.

2. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Marina is my favorite, 2nd is Callie.

3. Mikaya

Mikaya Inkling Cadet
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4841-8448-2209
    I prefer Marie over Callie, and Pearl over Marina.

I originally liked Callie more than Marie, but then Marie kinda just grew on me. xd

Pearl is like a little sister figure - she's so adorable and has so much to offer. Looks aren't everything. :p

2shotsofvodka and Debbie like this.
  4. SqidVishus

SqidVishus Senior Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0563-5067-5130
    Callie. With the whaletail and octopus tat. Hawt.

5. Egg Queen

Egg Queen Full Squid

Marie! I like her overall vibe. Also, I think I shared most of my splatfest choices with her- and I didn't even notice until the last splatfest lol
    I like Pearl more because her personality is so cute- like how counted the things in Musselforge Fitness and her little obsession with mayo hehe I also like her overall design- drawing her is really fun :^)

6. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Who is this... 'Callie' person everyone keeps talking about?

7. Flopps

Flopps Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3195-9273-4326
    The best Squid Sister in the world, that's who!

8. Debbie

Debbie Senior Squid

NNID:
    MissRora
    Callie > Pearl > Marie = Marina

What can I say, I like the silly, upbeat, enthusiastic types. Marie and Marina are great at snarky responses, but Callie can make me laugh without a setup at all. Even during Splatoon 2's single player, she still manages to have her humorous moments.

Seriously, she makes a guide to decorating Octarian lairs! That's optimism worthy of respect.

Flopps likes this.
  9. 2shotsofvodka

2shotsofvodka Give me all your Vodka

Like Mikaya, I liked Callie at first, but after being with people who liked Marie and seeing why they did. I, myself started to favour her over Callie.

I like Pearl over Marina, plus for each splatfest, I've liked the Pearl side better, and I just like her design and funky rapping x3

10. MissingNumbers

MissingNumbers Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MissingN
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4262-2166-2532
    I prefer Marie over Callie, always have and always will, but when it comes to Off the Hook, I can't pick a favorite. Ultimately, the reason they're so enjoyable is because they have each other to bounce off of.

CavvieKat likes this.
  11. CavvieKat

CavvieKat Inkster Jr.

I think I'm forever gonna be for Team Marie. I do prefer Marina over Pearl, but I haven't seen enough of their personalities to say much on them as of yet. I don't dislike any of these characters because they're all so lovely and unique in their own ways, but I just like Marie the best of them all. She comes across as calm and collected, but has a sharp tongue (and a sharp aim, too.)

A big part of why I came to be so firmly in her camp though is because of the Splatfest themes. Marina or Pearl might still make their way up my favs list depending on their dialogue and what kinds of things they like/dislike, but I'm not counting on it. I mean, mayo VS ketchup? Come on, I honestly don't care which they prefer. Neither of them are winning any points with themes like that.

2shotsofvodka likes this.
  12. Nuddlmaus

Nuddlmaus Pro Squid

NNID:
    Nuddlmaus
    1. Marie
    2. Callie
    3. Pearl
    4. Marina
    But Marie is waaaaaaaaaayyyy beyond my favorite.

alexj9626 likes this.
  13. NBSink

NBSink Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5607-3736-5200
    If you ask me. Marie couln't never grew as much as Callie could. SOOOOO:

1: Callie
    2: Pearl
    3: Marie
    4: Marina (She just looks cool but nothing else)

Marie and Marina can still change their ranks but not to 1 / 2. Also the Splatfest were I am most salty about was Callie vs. Marie because I voted for a map that wasn't playable at the end + couldn't even play in the final Splatfest.