1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Can Splatoon be an esport? SiVa Gaming seems to think so!

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Nintendome, Sep 14, 2015.

Nintendome, Sep 14, 2015 at 7:08 AM
  1. Nintendome

Nintendome Inkredible YouTuber

NNID:
    LogicallyHank
    [​IMG]
    When Reggie Fils-Aime indicated that he has a desire to turn Splatoon into an esport, many people began to wonder what a competitive Splatoon scene would actually look like. Well, it has been 3 months since the game’s launch and we are finally getting a chance to see this develop.

SiVa Gaming, known for sponsoring smash players in the past, has sponsored a Splatoon team! Yes, SiVa has set their eyes on iTi (in The Ink), a NorCal based squad that is looking to make a splash in competitive Splatoon. This comes hot on the heels of Panda Global Gaming’s own foray into Inkopolis. If SiVa has their way, you will be seeing iTi’s name all over tournament brackets soon.

Here was iTi's squad for the Ink Or Sink tournament:

Nanerz | TheeTheNanerz
    Torizo | SmashBroIV
    Rice | WhiteRice
    duck | dluckystarfax
    SuperOven | Super0ven
    hunty | thedoctorU

I am sure all eyes will be on iTi in future Splatoon tournaments!

Let us know what teams you think should be sponsored next! For more information on competitive Splatoon, be sure to keep your eyes peeled to SquidBoards! Special thanks to @Flying_Tortoise for helping with this post.

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Nintendome, Sep 14, 2015.

1. MuteBard
      MuteBard
      Thats pretty awesome! Glad to see Splatoon taking the steps to get more widely recognized
      GeneraLight, MakesDream and River09 like this.
    2. River09
      River09
      This gets me really excited for what the future has in terms of competitive Splatoon. Everyone is taking massive strides in furthering the meta and enlarging the scene. Great work guys!
    3. Aweshucks
      Aweshucks
      Pogchamp

This is really big news! I'm glad to see siva get involved and hope to see in the ink in future tournaments
    4. DeltaFixer
      DeltaFixer
      PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp. This is amazing news. Happy for the iTi guys. esport hype!
      SquidDud3, Hitzel and Aweshucks like this.
    5. Kbot
      Kbot
      On the topic of Esports..........*insert plug here*

I'm not actually going to do it, but hopefully people know what's going on ;)

Great news, glad to see we're growing as a community.
      skyphoi likes this.
    6. KarubanBeika
      KarubanBeika
      Awesome news! I really hope that Nintendo notices this and considers putting in a spectator mode for the future tournament streams :)
    7. Kirbyfan391
      Kirbyfan391
      It's happening! This is definitely the start of something bigger, I can feel it...
      Flying_Tortoise and mario123007 like this.
    8. mario123007
      mario123007
      It does have the potential.
      Flying_Tortoise likes this.
    9. The Claw
      The Claw
      I'm really feelink it
    10. Lrdalucard
      Lrdalucard
      If only it would be able to plug rj45/ethernet cabels to Wiiu...