• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Can you leave the lobby in then the full game?

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
You couldn't in the Testfire and I had to switch my Wii U off every time I got stuck in a lobby no one was joining.

I have heard that this is the case in the full game, is this true?

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
it is. its been shown in the review copy streams.

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
It would be rather weird if you couldn't leave the lobby in the full game. I guess it was fine in the Testfire since there's not much else to do but search for a game, but in the full game you really ought to be able to cancel...

Jacob777

Full Squid
NNID
Jacob_Games777
Might be weird if you can't, I would hope you can because it would help those who needed to leave because parent-owned or anything else, like in MK8 and Smash they have this (but there's penalties in both basically; in Smash you can get banned and in MK8 you lose VR/BR if it's not a friend room, so if they had this in Splatoon it might make sense to have a penalty for doing it?)

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
you cant leave the lobby once you enter. cant even go to the home menu. if you want out of the lobby either the timer has to run out or you need to turn off your wii U.

Linkfreak404

Full Squid
NNID
linkfreak404
You can't leave the lobby. I asked someone who had a review copy and was streaming it. He said no.

Good job, Nintendo....

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
you cant leave the lobby once you enter. cant even go to the home menu. if you want out of the lobby either the timer has to run out or you need to turn off your wii U.
The timer does run out, yes? It didn't do that in the Testfire either.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Yikes. Hopefully the ability to leave a lobby is patched in a later update because that's beyond annoying.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Just to clarify since I think some people in this thread are confused, we're talking about the ability to exit before a match has even begun (y'know, the part where you're still playing Squid Jump), not the ability to ragequit mid-match. And from what I've heard, the problem is still there in the full version. If for whatever reason you get stuck again unable to get into a game, the only way out is to hard reboot your console. That's very, very, very bad and they'd better patch it.

I actually had this problem a lot in the first Testfire due to my antique router, spent more time playing Squid Jump than the actual game and had to reboot several times. Replaced it last week just for this game, and nearly had a heart attack when it looked like the problem wasn't fixed - thank god it wasn't my end this time!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Just to clarify since I think some people in this thread are confused, we're talking about the ability to exit before a match has even begun (y'know, the part where you're still playing Squid Jump), not the ability to ragequit mid-match. And from what I've heard, the problem is still there in the full version. If for whatever reason you get stuck again unable to get into a game, the only way out is to hard reboot your console. That's very, very, very bad and they'd better patch it.
yeah, i sure hope that timer will actually time you out of matchmaking if it counts down to 0, unlike in the testfire. i have a feeling it didn't do anything in the testfire because it would only be up for an hour and it didn't have inkopolis plaza or anything to kick you out to (it could've booted you to the weapon select screen, but who knows if that would've been easy to program or not for a demo that would only be opened practically 4 times)

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Several times I got stuck on just the part where it's searching for a match, so there wasn't even a timer. And the couple times I got stuck in an empty lobby, the timer would just keep resetting itself. So that's no help to escape.

But after replacing that faulty router, I can also verify from today's server explosion that the timer did indeed work once. Halfway during the downtime I wound up in a lobby (omgomgomg it's back!), but nobody joined and this time it counted all the way down to zero and kicked me to the weapon select screen (damn, guess it's not back).

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe you can. It may be troublesome for people who want to play a match because you can just leave anytime. Hopefully, they'll disable it in the future.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
the timer runs out, as it did in the testfire, it just adds time whenever someone enters, so if someone reboots their console and then someone enters, you have the same number of people, but the timer is up again

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
With Nintendo having update events in the future,I can see them patching this issue.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
the timer runs out, as it did in the testfire, it just adds time whenever someone enters, so if someone reboots their console and then someone enters, you have the same number of people, but the timer is up again
Oh I see, I was wondering why the timer kept increasing spontaneously.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
As I mentioned above, I had times where I was the only one in the room and it still kept refreshing. And other people have reported similar problems. There's definitely something wrong with this timer, can't count on it to always get you out.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Now that would be annoying. I think Nintendo is relying on the fact that hundreds of thousands of people will be online at one time so you'll always find a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom