• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Can you speak another language?

Doogle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iamdoogle
I'm studying Spanish at the moment and soon will be at university (hopefully a Spanish/Japanese degree). I love to play video games in Spanish too and whilst playing Animal Crossing it made me wonder.

Can anyone here speak another language? If so, what? Did you find learning another language hard and how did you manage it?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes actually, I can.

I speak about 5 languages. All of them I learnt from a young age, so it wasn't that difficult for me. However, I can only read 2 out of the 5 languages.

Last edited:

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I cannot unfortunately. I took some Spanish lessons a few years ago but it never escalated to any more than that. I may learn later on, but as for now I'm lacking the motivation.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I know a few phrases in French, but I'm too lazy to extend my knowledge in the language so ye.

Doogle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iamdoogle
Yes actually, I can.

I speak about 5 languages. All of them I learnt from a young age, so it wasn't that difficult for me. However, I can only read 2 out of the 5 languages.
That's really cool, I'm jealous! What languages?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I can't speak anything fluently other than English. I learned most of the German grammar at one point in high school, though didn't learn most of the vocabulary. I could survive if I was dropped in the middle of Germany, though. I'd really like to learn Japanese. I can teach myself with guides I've found, but it will require a lot of dedication and patience.

Snowboar

Full Squid
NNID
Snowboar
Fluent Dutch and English, (reading, writing and speaking) crappy at German and French.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Technically English is my second language, but I have forgotten how to hold a conversation in Spanish since it was at a younger age that I was uhmuricunized. I have heard it's common for similar situations to be able to understand quite a bit spoken or written language, but not able to speak fluently...which is totally me.

I just find it strange that I sometimes find myself using Spanish sentence structure when speaking or writing when I haven't properly used Spanish in 15 years.

also I remember the first time I started dreaming in English and looking back it's really sad. My grandma (who spoke only Spanish) started speaking in English in my dreams and it was very confusing, my mind couldn't wrap itself around the fact I was hearing someone speak english that has never spoken english before ;;

happen

Inkling
NNID
lolidancer
I took French in high school and I am learning Korean right now! ,。・:*:・゜’( ☻ ω ☻ )。・:*:・゜’

Lefty

Nice la~
I can read/write English and French, and can speak arabic, but I can't write Arabic, trying to learn though.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
No, I'm inadequate.

I've taken Spanish for years and Mandarin for two, but can't really speak 'em.

I can't speak Hebrew but I can read it.

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
I know some German, though my reading ability is much better than my speaking ability, if that makes any sense. Also know a small bit of Spanish and French, but I wouldn't dare call myself fluent in either.

mario123007

Pro Squid
I know some German, though my reading ability is much better than my speaking ability, if that makes any sense. Also know a small bit of Spanish and French, but I wouldn't dare call myself fluent in either.
I'm learning German too. And I speak Chinese and use Traditional Chinese character. I am from Taiwan.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I can speak German and English. I was learning Japanese few years ago at school but i kinda suck at it. I can understand it but i suck at talking~

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I speak Portuguese, it is actually my "native" language. English is my second one.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I took the first three levels of Spanish in high school, so I'm decent, but not fluent. Haven't had the motivation to keep practicing nor to try any other languages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom