• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Can't stay interested?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Like, I want to play Splatoon, so I load it up. I instantly get distracted by something else and forget I was going to play Splatoon. That, and I just am not having fun unless I'm playing with friends now- solo play even with other people online is just bland to me now, and I really feel bad losing interest in the game- it's really fun but it seems there's a lot less to do now so it's hard to keep up my motivation to play.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
A spectator mode would be very useful for people that want to just watch games over playing themselves. I find myself wanting to do that more than playing too at times, and a lot of recent online multiplayer games have a spectator mode that I know of. Perhaps Splat2n, if it happens, will have it.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I'm pretty sure I haven't played Splatoon by myself since I last played ranked solo, getting myself up to S rank.

I do tend to still play at least once a week with a group I'm part of though, sometimes more. It's still less than it used to be. :(

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Quite often and, after not playing for awhile, I re-kindle my interest in a particular weapon set or sets.
And, of course, I jump on anytime my krew is on and I'm available.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Well maybe I’m just hard core… I used to be a Christmas noob, but I’ve worked up to S+, where I can hold my own around S+(40), but not really above due to the greater number of loss points vs. win points. Since I prefer winning (ha, ha, I assume that’s everyone), I’d like to see S+(99) in my future. However, this seems pretty darn tough right now.

Still, I haven’t given up the quest. My personal M.O. is playing a game until I’m great at it, at which point I toss it aside never to be seen again (RPGs are an exception if they’re awesome). So no, as a Christmas noob, I’m not ready to let this game go until I can hold my own against the best. Then again, I do tend to get hung up on video games before instantly abandoning them after “I win”. ;)

Last edited:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't really play Splatoon too often on my own. In all honesty... My friends are the entire reason that I come back to this game. I would have probably stopped playing it quite some time ago if I hadn't made such close friends through it. I have a lot of fun with my friends though and we play with each other fairly often, so it gives a lot of play time. But eh... I'm not too big on playing the game solo anymore. x) I'm still heavily interested in it and would probably attempt to still play it but it's just more fun when you have friends to play with.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Eh, time passes and we all move on or take breaks eventually. No sense forcing yourself to play it, if you were really enjoying it that wouldn't be necessary. I can agree with Airi and Magolor too, friends are a big factor, and with less people I know playing now, that's helped kill it off.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
You guys had friends to played with. :p
I ,unfortunately, only had two friends who had this game and I voice-chatted with. I completely agree that this game was way more when I actually got to played with them. I feel like I'm going through the same thing as you, though. I only play for an hour or two per week now. I play a few matches and then I'm just so unenthusiastic to play. I prefer drawing Splatoon now then playing it. You should give it a break now and play other games.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I honestly really do want to play more. At least I have someone to play with when I move- however this doesn't aid in the fact there's not many things to look forward to anymore. No more splatfests. No more ingame events. It's just kind of bland, if you ask me. I love splatoon- but I didn't get to do most of the ingame stuff because I either got the controller stolen from me (until recently) or I was just... really late to the party as well as busy with real life.

I just feel I didn't get to enjoy the game as long as others, and it's sad.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I honestly really do want to play more. At least I have someone to play with when I move- however this doesn't aid in the fact there's not many things to look forward to anymore. No more splatfests. No more ingame events. It's just kind of bland, if you ask me. I love splatoon- but I didn't get to do most of the ingame stuff because I either got the controller stolen from me (until recently) or I was just... really late to the party as well as busy with real life.

I just feel I didn't get to enjoy the game as long as others, and it's sad.
This is the eternal problem with online multiplayer games, particularly competitive ones. They have a definite lifespan. Whether it's the community slowing down or the game itself dying, any game that requires other people that isn't some private instanced affair will be gone someday. You'll still be able to play Kirby Planet Robobot in 2025, but Splatoon will be long gone. It's just the nature of the beast.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
This is the eternal problem with online multiplayer games, particularly competitive ones. They have a definite lifespan. Whether it's the community slowing down or the game itself dying, any game that requires other people that isn't some private instanced affair will be gone someday. You'll still be able to play Kirby Planet Robobot in 2025, but Splatoon will be long gone. It's just the nature of the beast.
True, true. It seems to be easier to lose interest in online multiplayer games over games that are multiplayer or single player and follow a set story and what not. Which leads me to ask why other games like Call of Duty's multiplayer lasted so long... then I realize that it's probably because kids keep buying it. Maybe that's a bad comparison, though.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
True, true. It seems to be easier to lose interest in online multiplayer games over games that are multiplayer or single player and follow a set story and what not. Which leads me to ask why other games like Call of Duty's multiplayer lasted so long... then I realize that it's probably because kids keep buying it. Maybe that's a bad comparison, though.
Because Splatoon is one single game and Call of Duty has a new release every year to keep the money train rolling :P

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
for me lately i log on to see what maps and game type are on rank and if they don't interest me then i find another day that goes by without playing
waiting for hours for a switch is silly you should have more variety of choice

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Lately I've been losing interest in playing myself. I still play every few days, and I still have fun for the most part. But I think I should take a more extended break. I'm also wondering just when I will finally stop playing the game regularly at all nowadays. I still love the game, I LOVE talking about it here on this site and with friends, but actually playing it when I have other obligations, and games I want to play, is looking less attractive.

I've put at least 650 hours into the game since the day it launched, likely more, so it's not like I haven't given the game a lot of my attention. And I don't intend on stopping forever, but I would like to prepare myself for when I decide to shelve the game for good. Till then I'll still boot it up every few days, and just hope all my skill doesn't go down the drain by doing so. :p

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I still can't stay into the game, especially with work. I guess what matters is I'm more focused on my job, but it is sad since I kind of do want to pick it up again. I just don't have the time right now.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Lately I've been losing interest in playing myself. I still play every few days, and I still have fun for the most part. But I think I should take a more extended break. I'm also wondering just when I will finally stop playing the game regularly at all nowadays. I still love the game, I LOVE talking about it here on this site and with friends, but actually playing it when I have other obligations, and games I want to play, is looking less attractive.

I've put at least 650 hours into the game since the day it launched, likely more, so it's not like I haven't given the game a lot of my attention. And I don't intend on stopping forever, but I would like to prepare myself for when I decide to shelve the game for good. Till then I'll still boot it up every few days, and just hope all my skill doesn't go down the drain by doing so. :p
Same. With my Wii U gamepad acting weird and having to wait maybe a MONTH before I can use it on any game again I might not be playing for a while, or at least consistently. However, I love this website and all the people on it. I regularly go from Smashboards to here because everyone's so nice (especially since the patches are over and all the "tier list whiners/braggers" are on Reddit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom