• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Cats Win 51% of Splat Fest Matches

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
*Fist bump*!

Yes, I agree.
I can't even count the winning streaks cats got in a lot of the games I was in.
It was a heavily close game, but we even won a match with just 3 members against 4. I felt so proud.

Congrats to the dogs for being more popular.
You guys are obviously more loved, but we're obviously more skilled.

*That was a joke by the way~*

Last edited:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Losing doesn't even feel bad at all lol. We won skill wise, and we still get 18 snails. Can't describe how amazing 18 are, especially compared to what we thought would be 12.

All in all splatfest was purrrrrfect and I can't wait to sink my claws into the next one!

mobilisq

Inkling
NNID
mobilisq
I can't even count the winning streaks cats got in a lot of the games I was in.
It was a heavily close game, but we even won a match with just 3 members against 4. I felt so proud.
Splatfest was so close, my dog team had the exact same string of things happen: obliterate forty out of every fifty cat teams we played, often as only three players

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
All in all splatfest was purrrrrfect and I can't wait to sink my claws into the next one!
I'm sorry, this made me laugh!

@mobilisq
Yeah, I also noticed the dogs, putting up a heavy fight in a few matches..

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I played terribly and I played for a long time as I am a Dog Queen! I was so sure the cats would win until I realized that there were little cat players. Also you cats only won by 2%; quit your bragging! Us dogs are superior!

Just kidding! Great job cat players!

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I'm pretty shocked that it was 62% dog votes. So many people flip flopped it's insane. 51% win rate is pretty crap too. I only lost 2 matches total on my way to King.

JonCharles

Inkling
I have to say, the current system that determines the splatfest winner is garbage. It really is nothing more than a popularity contest. Statistics will tell us that winning percentage is not likely to deviate very much between two evenly numbered teams in a very large scale. However, popularity of said teams can skew heavily to one side, as shown in this splatfest.

I would have just joined dogs if I knew they were going to win, despite consistently winning 75+% of my cat matches. Now that people know how this works, expect even more heavily skewed results if Nintendo keeps this system. People will start predicting the winners as if this was a political race. Nintendo either needs to give equal rewards to winners and losers to prevent this, or make winning percentage the sole factor in determining the winner. The snails are exclusive enough that I would have no qualms just playing for the "winning" team in the current system.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I have to say, the current system that determines the splatfest winner is garbage. It really is nothing more than a popularity contest. Statistics will tell us that winning percentage is not likely to deviate very much between two evenly numbered teams in a very large scale. However, popularity of said teams can skew heavily to one side, as shown in this splatfest.

I would have just joined dogs if I knew they were going to win, despite consistently winning 75+% of my cat matches. Now that people know how this works, expect even more heavily skewed results if Nintendo keeps this system. People will start predicting the winners as if this was a political race. Nintendo either needs to give equal rewards to winners and losers to prevent this, or make winning percentage the sole factor in determining the winner. The snails are exclusive enough that I would have no qualms just playing for the "winning" team in the current system.
If only 6 more of the same item mean that much to you, by all means do it for that, but I'd rather fight that much harder for a team that I can actually get behind.

Not gonna sacrifice my actual choice just for some temporary items.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
If only 6 more of the same item mean that much to you, by all means do it for that, but I'd rather fight that much harder for a team that I can actually get behind.

Especially since the RNG for rerolls is unkind. Could probably waste all 24 (if your team dog) snails on one gear and it still not get perfected/the subs that you want.

JonCharles

Inkling

I actually own two dogs and one cat, so I didn't care much either way. The only thing that pushed me to cats is this annoying guy I have to deal with who never shuts up about the superiority of dogs.

Either way, that's just my analysis on the current system, and I think it's pretty flawed. I don't see most serious players being "noble" enough to fight for a team that they know is going to lose and earn them lesser rewards. If this system stays, I don't think that the teams that are picked are ever really going to be indicative of true popularity anyway. And those slugs mean a lot more than you think to the many players who wish to min-max this game.

Edit: Still love this game BTW. Certain things could obviously use work, though.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Especially since the RNG for rerolls is unkind. Could probably waste all 24 (if your team dog) snails on one gear and it still not get perfected/the subs that you want.
This! So much this!

I blew up all 18 of mine on nothing but useless slots, and it even felt like I gave away 3 snails for free since there were times where the slots literally didn't even move. Got the SAME abilities on the SAME slots..three times..

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I actually own two dogs and one cat, so I didn't care much either way. The only thing that pushed me to cats is this annoying guy I have to deal with who never shuts up about the superiority of dogs.

Either way, that's just my analysis on the current system, and I think it's pretty flawed. I don't see most serious players being "noble" enough to fight for a team that they know is going to lose and earn them lesser rewards. If this system stays, I don't think that the teams that are picked are ever really going to be indicative of true popularity anyway. And those slugs mean a lot more than you think to the many players who wish to min-max this game.

Edit: Still love this game BTW. Certain things could obviously use work, though.
True for some people, but except for the times where we'll have to pick between things I like the same/could care less about, than I'll always pick what I like more regardless of who's more likely to win/winning.
I will gladly lose for 18 of those delicious snails.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
My main hope for Splatfest is that they announce the next one for the end of the month.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
I had plans, but I was able to get up to champion rank however im still kinda sad that I couldn't make it to King :( oh well, I mean I am getting 16 super sea snails (I chose team dogs but I hate both animals so I just flipped a coin) like I said, people are make super fierce debates and all that junk just for the Splatfest it's not like whichever team wins means that team is better.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Well, it's at least good to know we were the REAL winners, despite what the game's ranking system would have you believe.

Yes, this, 1000000% this. Using popularity is utterly ridiculous. Especially after how things turned out, it makes me question why I even bothered trying.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
51% really isn't that great. Dogs got 49% so that just tells me it was pretty even win and loss-wise. Oh well, we all still win those sea snails. Next Splatfest I'm still going to choose the option I prefer more instead of choosing the more popular option like some here have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom