• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Chargers are pretty nice

Spare Charger

Inkling
NNID
SW523756476693
I'm new to splatoon in person but have been watching and reading about it since it came out. I never owned a Wii u and didn't feel like I should buy it for one game.

anywho, during this time I kept hearing about people not liking chargers and how they don't help with the main objective (at least in turf war) so during my weekend off of work I played splatoon nonstop while avoiding the charger.

before heading to work I played a bit more (very addicting game!) and decided to play around with the charger just for the fun of it. During the next hour or so I won all but two matches and it was the most fun I've had yet! It surprises me how people say the chargers can't cover turf as it can quite easily, especially areas with longer paths.

anyways, I'm new here and wanted to share my first interesting tidbit.

Belial

Full Squid
Chargers are fine if you know how to use one, some newbs are just not well acclimated to the concept of covering turf which leads to frustration for their teammates but any gun can have that problem really. Although Chargers are far more valuable in ranked.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yeah, most players view chargers as ONLY good for sending opponents back to the spawn pad and if you aren't doing that you're considered useless. If you're capable of thinking beyond lizard-brain ideas, it's quite useful beyond that, even in turf wars. As you pointed out it you can turf across long stretches, but it can also keep your team mobile. You can ink paths ahead of them, ink walls they can climb, create escape routes for them, cut off and enemy going after them, etc.

And that's just for starters once you think outside the box of, a charger can only do this one thing and one thing only, mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom