• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Resource icon

Weapons Charging Into Battle

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
Kodidro submitted a new guide:

Charging Into Battle - The beginner's guide to Charger weapons

Hey everybody!

So doing a bit of looking around and I've was disappointed in the lack of love for Charger type weapons. There's Youtube videos about great ways to use the Shooters, Rollers, and Nintendo even released those specific weapon guides! I didn't feel like waiting for the Chargers to get love, and decided I'd make a written guide. It's my first guide, and as I've got no way to make quality videos/screenshots, my stuff will be pictures of other players and crude drawings. Also,...
Read more about this guide...

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very nice guide! I feel chargers are very underrated in Splatoon. I'm glad you're introducing more people to them., :)

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
Very nice guide! I feel chargers are very underrated in Splatoon. I'm glad you're introducing more people to them., :)
Thank you, friend :)

I feel the same way - Chargers can seem intimidating to use when you think about it, compared to the other two weapons.

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
This is a great guide for starting off, and I agree that Chargers are hard to use well. If I may, could I also suggest you break up the playstyles of different Chargers by Stationary (using vantage points to pick off incoming threats easily) and Mobile (staying on the ground and harassing due to having a much greater range)? And for a tip/trick, maybe using the jumping of Shooters to track their position and pick them off? These are things that I find often help me.

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
This is a great guide for starting off, and I agree that Chargers are hard to use well. If I may, could I also suggest you break up the playstyles of different Chargers by Stationary (using vantage points to pick off incoming threats easily) and Mobile (staying on the ground and harassing due to having a much greater range)? And for a tip/trick, maybe using the jumping of Shooters to track their position and pick them off? These are things that I find often help me.
Thank you for the feedback! :)
That's definitely a good idea, I'll edit my post as soon as I have the chance and talk about these ideas

Though as far as the playstyles go, I don't know that there's much to talk about, those are just play styles - unique to each player. You can use them aggressively/mobile or defensively/stationary, but that's ultimately up to you (it would be knowing the general game's mechanics as far as that would help with those, unless I'm misunderstanding you).

Last edited:

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
Thank you for the feedback! :)
That's definitely a good idea, I'll edit my post as soon as I have the chance and talk about these ideas

Though as far as the playstyles go, I don't know that there's much to talk about, those are just play styles - unique to each player. You can use them aggressively/mobile or defensively/stationary, but that's ultimately up to you (it would be knowing the general game's mechanics as far as that would help with those, unless I'm misunderstanding you).
Still, giving a description of possible playstyles and maybe a suggestion of what you do when (locking down an area by going to a good vantage point, or pushing back by playing more aggressively, etc.) could help those newer at Chargers, even if it's not much to talk about.

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
Kodidro updated Charging Into Battle with a new update entry:

Bamboozler MK II update

Added the MK II to the Choosing Your Arsenal section.

:wst_charge_light00:Bamboozler MK II - The MK II is a more aggressive set than the original, with the Disruptor sub and Echolocator special, and is better used to actively hunt and splat the enemy as opposed to defending an area. As with the standard set, this weapon doesn't have many useful tools for covering Turf, aside from just shooting, so is more useful in ranked modes. Tower...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom