• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Chicago-land Squids

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
Here's the FB page, where events/listings will primarily be posted: https://m.facebook.com/groups/119436201732598?view=permalink&id=119436205065931

I've been in contact with some of the staff at Ignite Gaming (on Elston, check it out) on potentially having events there once the update is released. I've also contacted Bobby Gray from EXP to see wether or not we could use their space for tournaments.
I want to create a localized scene where players can build teams, play with other Chicago area players, and hopefully get the competitive Splatoon scene started. I'm hoping to see the first Splatoon tournament in Chicago happen in September (fingers crossed).

I'm looking for players to help me build a scene so contact me here or on FB, if you're interested. TY :)

LittleSoundDJ

Full Squid
NNID
littlesounddj
I'm from Grand Rapids, MI, but i could potentially drive down for tournaments if we get big enough things happening. I'm also interested in commentating the game, if I can get enough practice at that.

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
I'm from Grand Rapids, MI, but i could potentially drive down for tournaments if we get big enough things happening. I'm also interested in commentating the game, if I can get enough practice at that.
I'm definitely going to try and build up the scene, so expect big things. We have a lot of great venues here and tons of players. Join the FB group to help get it going

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
This sounds amazing. I'm down at UoC. How would playing it there work? I'm completely ok with bringing my own WiiU and hooking it up

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
This sounds amazing. I'm down at UoC. How would playing it there work? I'm completely ok with bringing my own WiiU and hooking it up
It would have to be a BYOC (bring your own console) and run off the venues Internet. Rulesets and format will have to be discussed.

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
It would have to be a BYOC (bring your own console) and run off the venues Internet. Rulesets and format will have to be discussed.
that sounds really great and easy. as long as the venue is ok with us plugging in our own consoles

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
Yo guys! I'm from the west suburbs, and I'm totally interested in getting in on this. I'll be checking out the facebook group and trying to keep up with the goings on.

EXPGamingIL

Inkling
Hey this is Bobby, tournament organizer and owner of EXP Gaming in Oak Park, IL. I'm looking to start hosting splatoon tournaments at EXP soon. As we host weekly tournaments in other games there are only a couple options for when we can host splatoon.

We can host splatoon WEEKLY ON THURSDAYS or BIWEEKLY ON SATURDAYS. FYI our hours on Thursdays and Saturdays are 5pm-1am.
If you read this and are interested in attending chicago-land splatoon tournaments then please let me know which day you would prefer.

I am excited to get splatoon tournaments going at EXP and am looking forward to meeting competitive splatoon players!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom