• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Christmas 2015

What is your favorite part of Christmas?

• Total voters

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin

With today marking the first day of December, I wanna say Merry Christmas to all the Inklings and Octolings here. This is the biggest holiday of the year and one of the most shopped. This is a time of peace on earth and giving to your fellow man. It's something that is special to us all. Also with it getting colder, we will be staying inside more and enjoying a hot beverage of our choosing. Me personally, it's either Coffee or Hot Coco~

There is also the case of the snow and ice. We have to salt and shove that stuff up. It maybe more trouble than it's worth, but it's worth it for a job well done.

What are you looking forward to? Do you think you'll get anything good from relatives or friends? Will you be getting anything for your family and/or friends?

Last edited:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
No offense, but I really can't stand Christmas half of the time due to the madness surrounding it. I can't stand going anywhere without dealing with huge crowds doing some Christmas shopping. It stresses me out way too much and I hate that it's the only holiday anybody cares about anymore. Sure some other holidays get attention, but when you think of holidays, Christmas is always on the top of everyone's minds. I can't help but feel really depressed about it, and you're supposed to be happy around Christmas (probably not anymore due to all of the terrible things going on in the world lately).

On the other hand, I am still a little excited about getting presents along with hanging out with friends and family during Christmas. Too bad it doesn't feel all that great anymore due to being a lot smaller compared to previous years.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's probably going to be the usual Christmas for my family and I, and I'm perfectly fine with that. We already decorated the house the day after Thanksgiving, and will go get a tree sometime around the 15th or 16th. Once my brother and I are done with the current semester, we'll start hunting down presents for everyone, including ourselves. It sucks that we don't get many surprises on Christmas morning anymore, but we are in our low to mid 20s now, it's not that important. :P

Doing all the yearly traditions, spending time with my family, relaxing, the cold weather (I live in Southern California, cold weather is a nice change of pace for us) and of course the gifts and the great holiday meals. I really like the Christmas season, and I hope everyone else has a good time. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you most likely get the day off, do something fun for yourself!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Hate the crowds and the commercials, love the family moments and the gifts. Nothing more to say than that. It's the major family holiday event for our family every year but I hate how every store in town is crowded even in our neck of the woods, it stresses me out severely.

the cold weather (I live in Southern California, cold weather is a nice change of pace for us)
I'm in North Cal and it's nothing but freezing over here. The heater is running non-stop!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
The only thing I like about Christmas is ham, cookies and giving and receiving presents.

Happy holidays to everyone though!

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Being a Dutch person I don't really get present at christmas. Last couple winters wheren't snowy and we don't have egg nog.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I won't make Christmas if I have to go to Kmart over and over. I hate crowds and hearing kids scream in that store is like a banshee scream! I'm sorry... but my ears are sensitive to the sound of children... And the people all over the store actually unnerve me, I'm not a people person so my mood drops fast in there. It gets so bad I just stop talking. I really need to work on my outside skills.

Despite my complaining, my plans for Christmas this year is to get back into the Holiday cheer and decorate the tree we're getting and decorating the house. I'll be taking another trip to *sigh* Kmart to buy gifts for my mother and my brother with what little money I have. Not only that, I'm going to watch a lot of Christmas movies to get into the Holiday Cheer this time of year. It snowed last week and I hope more show up, I'd love one Christmas where it actually snows for once, that would be a great treat for my mother.

Of course, some see it as a day where you get a lot of gifts, but I only have one gift in mind this year. My mother WANTS to buy something for me this Christmas and there's something I didn't buy because I waited for Christmas. It's a drawing tablet to continue my hobby of drawing on my computer because the mouse sucks and I need my drawing hand back. Despite my mother asking me and my brother to make a Wish List like the old days, it's hard due only wanting the one thing. I'll put Xenoblade X and Pikmin 3 (I picked Wind Waker HD in the MK8 deal last year due to Wind Waker being my favorite Zelda ever) in the list just for fun so I can make my mother happy but I don't expect them at all. I'll buy them with my own money at some point.

Of course, I'll watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" due to family tradition on Christmas day. We all grew up with Peanuts, even my mother and *ugh* father. 10 years ago, my Grandmother passed away and I'd think she would want my family to have a wonderful holiday so I have to be as cheerful as I can be.

So, Happy Holidays Squidboards. Thank you for helping change me throughout fall and introducing me to some great friends.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I should also mention the El Nino... No white Christmas this year! :'-(
No snow in the forecast for the next fortnight.
My area is one of the snowiest in the Midwest and the chance of a white Christmas is down like 40%...

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I think I am the only one here who celebrates Hannukah.
It's alright. No one's here to judge. I do wish you a Happy Hannukah, Shiny. There is no reason to be ashamed of what you follow and believe in, just be yourself.

I should also mention the El Nino... No white Christmas this year! :'-(
No snow in the forecast for the next fortnight.
My area is one of the snowiest in the Midwest and the chance of a white Christmas is down like 40%...
Let me slap a little meteorology knowledge your way from my years of watching weather and map reading. Weather Stations will not give 100% accurate predictions. We may have El Nino sweeping through but things can change pretty fast when it comes to Mother Nature. I cannot say for sure who will and will not get snow, but it's not entirely up to the Meteorologists. It's up to Mother Nature and her actions are absolute. Weather is a fickle mistress which can and will change on a flip of a dime.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
Christmas is great! I love getting presents for people and buying people really cheap games. Getting presents is also nice, but getting people what they don't know they wanted, priceless. I swear I always buy someone Cthulhu saves the world game every Christmas since it came out on steam!

Just for everyone's information. A very easy present people can get me is simply beating Kid Icarus: Uprising!

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
(This has been posted in the Fan Art thread too.)

Hannukah is starting this Sunday. And since Splatoon calls Christmas "Squidmas" I thought since an octopus has eight limbs and Hannukah has eight days/nights what if there was an Octonnukah? And then I was inspired to make an Octarian themed Menorah (Also behold my lazy blur tool use to make sure you do not see my messy kitchen. I did not even bother trying to get close to the edges).

It's hard to see in the pictures but the area around the eyes are indeed purple. It did not come out well in the pictures.

It looks like the green from the eyes is reflecting on to the limbs, making it seem that there is actual green on them. I took a pic from the top to show that is not the case.

And my WIP pics are under the spoiler tag:

My attempt at making and using stencils. The paint got stuck to the paper and sort of set me back a bit.

This is before I sealed it with mod podge.

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
Not for nothing, but is it wrong or possibly weird that I am expecting a post from someone who is offended that we are even talking about Christmas or am I starting to get too cynical for my age?

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Not for nothing, but is it wrong or possibly weird that I am expecting a post from someone who is offended that we are even talking about Christmas or am I starting to get too cynical for my age?
It's the internet. Someone will be always offended by something. Post your opinion, "Oh no, that's wrong! This is how it's suppose to be!" or something self-righteous like that they trying to prove they are right and you are wrong. So no, you are not being cynical. If anything, your on the money. I don't know if anyone here will start anything like that, but it sure as hell will happen everywhere else.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
It's the internet. Someone will be always offended by something. Post your opinion, "Oh no, that's wrong! This is how it's suppose to be!" or something self-righteous like that they trying to prove they are right and you are wrong. So no, you are not being cynical. If anything, your on the money. I don't know if anyone here will start anything like that, but it sure as hell will happen everywhere else.
Which is why I limit myself on where I actually will post and be a part of the community, it's very rare to earn my trust in a community enough to actually be a part of it due how many overly sensitive people and the amount of jerks, trolls, and idiots that exist in those places. The Internet is an awful place, but I'm glad I found my haven here.

As for Christmas, I'll be trying to get into the Holiday spirit. I'll be wishing all of friends a happy holiday when the day hits and I'll be watching Christmas movies, going to a event in town in the next couple of weeks, and help decorate the house and the tree we'll get this week, and help my mother bake cookies for our family and friends. It's going to be a big one. My mother felt like she ruined last year's Christmas and I want to help her have a wonderful holiday.

I will be getting a Drawing Tablet on Christmas day and I'll start with drawing Omega's original character, and then drawing the OC's for our group. I love drawing. I've been doing it since I was a kid. But I can't draw without a pen like object due to my drawing hand so a mouse isn't an option for me to be satisfied with my work. Since I'm the artist, I'll be in charge of doing the artwork for the characters in my group and It's great practice~!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom