• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Cinema discussion! (Recent movies you've watched etc.)

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
I don't consider myself a cinephile but I do enjoy to watch movies that I see constant commercials and trailers for. If there's any movie you just watched or perhaps some silly "Cinematic Experience" game you've played, come here to discuss your thoughts or views.

I recently watched the Pixar film Inside Out and was pleasantly surprised as to how clever of a film it was. It was obviously a film intended for children to watch, but it also presented some really smart themes about growing and emotional stability that kids couldn't possibly understand. It was funny in some places but I felt like it dragged on too long.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
Watched Jurassic world during his release night. find it okay. am not much of a big fan of this franchise, but still enjoyed. very looking for Spectre and Episode 7

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Watched Jurassic world during his release night. find it okay. am not much of a big fan of this franchise, but still enjoyed. very looking for Spectre and Episode 7
Same, watched Jurassic World myself a day before its street date since Cineplex played it early. It was alright, but felt it was abit of a departure from the first film.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Same, watched Jurassic World myself a day before its street date since Cineplex played it early. It was alright, but felt it was abit of a departure from the first film.
I've heard that it's a bit more... friendly? As opposed to the horror factor of the first films. I've also heard that the plot hits a total over-the-top bump.

NicoNico

Inkling
NNID
MseaCreasy
I finally watched American History X after my friend had been bugging me to watch it for years. I really like the main character's bond with another prisoner during the prison scenes. It reminds me of my time growing up in the ghetto hood.

I'm Asian and I mostly kicked it with Asians on the street. There were black gangs, Asian gangs, and Mexican gangs all over where I lived. The gang conflicts didn't make me hateful towards other races. I eventually got along with others. The prison bonding scene perfectly portrayed my experience.

Although, I still have some resentment against Surenos lol.

American History X is a great movie.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I've heard that it's a bit more... friendly? As opposed to the horror factor of the first films. I've also heard that the plot hits a total over-the-top bump.
I dont find Jurassic Wolrd scarier or more friendly than the first. The plot does have a few twists(no spoilers), but to be honest I don't really like the way it turned out.

RanserSSF4

Inkling
NNID
RanserSSF4
Just came back from seeing Inside Out. I personally agree with your opinion. It's a really inventive (maybe not all the way, but still inventive), smart, funny movie, but it's really sad to the point, if you know how the main character feels, will make you cry to tears.....

THAT HAPPENED TO ME :'( I cried!

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Inside Out was an incredible film that provided an emotionally gripping narrative about childhood and letting go of the past.

I teared up more than once. Welcome back, Pixar. I've missed you.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Just saw Inside Out, too. It was awesome and clever as heck. So I pretty much agree with the praise that's been said above.

Oh man, that ending...
the feelings (and Riley) gave me too many feelings, and I don't know how I feel about this

Geek

Inkling
Like some of the people here, I did go and see Inside Out, which coincidentally came out on my birthday. I went with my mother to the theater, and the seatings at the show were practically filled, so we had to sit separately. I honestly thought that the movie was very inventive, and thought-provoking. The animation was so fluid, colorful, and detailed that I just wanted to keep on watching. One of the reasons why we enjoyed movie is because that the story mostly took place in Minnesota, which is not a very common location in a major motion picture. Overall, personally would buy it once it comes on Blu-Ray. Highly recommended for all ages.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
So we got a good amount of quality movie time this summer. Jurassic World easily contests the first in terms of story, action, and overall chaos!
Inside Out is great, teaching kids about their emotions in the most subtle and sensitive way, while making it entertaining.
Then we got Feminist Movie Mad Max...yey we got a great start to summer folks.

Like I rarely want to go to the movies, but its like 3 weeks in a row that I want to see a movie of some sort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom