• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Clam Blitz (12/12/17 @ 8pm PST)

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Still no info on whether everyone will start from C- or if their new rank will be based on past performance

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Here's a Clam Blitz introduction post from their Tumblr account with both video and text details on how the mode works. We get an added button press for passing/throwing the clams!

And as @Cyan pointed out in another thread, instead of disrupting the regular rotation cycle, Clam Blitz will be slotted into the normal rotation schedule starting at 8pm PST solo ranked then 10pm PST for league.

Nothing special, just business as usual. =/

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
The Power Clam kinda reminds me of the rainmaker

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Still no info on whether everyone will start from C- or if their new rank will be based on past performance
Every Ranked mode starts out at C-, so I don't see why Clam Blitz wouldn't. It might not even be the last Ranked mode people will play if they get the game after today. And what if you don't play certain ranked modes?

Shrewdilus

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1943-5937-0297
I wish Clam Blitz didn’t start so late. It starts at 11:00 pm, but I have to sleep!

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Well, I figure, if a player is S+ in all 3 modes, it would be weird to match them up with someone who is in the C ranks. It’d be fairly simple to implement that players will start at, for example, their lowest rank (meaning that if they don’t play every mode, they’ll start at C), and there are other ways they could do it too.

Sure everyone started at C- when the game came out, but that was because there was no prior data to go off of. If the game knows what you are capable of, it might as well utilize that info.

Edit: After actually playing CB, I'm going to say I'm wrong. Nobody knows what they're doing, and putting people in C- helps them figure out best strats. Once I figured out what I was doing, I was upgraded to B- instantly, which means that I can play alongside people who have some clue about the mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom