1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Clam Blitz (12/12/17 @ 8pm PST)

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Ansible, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Let the new ranked mode chaos commence!

From the Splatoon US Tumblr in the link, Clam Blitz premieres this coming Tuesday, December 12th at 6pm PST!!

Was really hoping it wouldn't drop on the same date as the NoA splatfest. So we're getting it earlier in the week!

EDIT: inkoming 2.1.0 patch notes too!

#1 Ansible, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    ※Zachary and Hero of Lime like this.
  2. Sifu

Sifu Look Behind You

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3816-1808-3393
    Still no info on whether everyone will start from C- or if their new rank will be based on past performance

※Zachary and Flopps like this.
  3. Spraylan

Spraylan Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    JonasOrtega
    Welcome to the clam slam!

Ansible likes this.
  4. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Here's a Clam Blitz introduction post from their Tumblr account with both video and text details on how the mode works. We get an added button press for passing/throwing the clams!

And as @Cyan pointed out in another thread, instead of disrupting the regular rotation cycle, Clam Blitz will be slotted into the normal rotation schedule starting at 8pm PST solo ranked then 10pm PST for league.

Nothing special, just business as usual. =/

Maave likes this.
  5. ※Zachary

※Zachary Semi-Pro Squid

Good thing I'm sick and I'll get to play it today!

6. Sifu

Sifu Look Behind You

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3816-1808-3393
    The Power Clam kinda reminds me of the rainmaker

7. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

Every Ranked mode starts out at C-, so I don't see why Clam Blitz wouldn't. It might not even be the last Ranked mode people will play if they get the game after today. And what if you don't play certain ranked modes?

8. Shrewdilus

Shrewdilus Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1943-5937-0297
    I wish Clam Blitz didn’t start so late. It starts at 11:00 pm, but I have to sleep!

9. Sifu

Sifu Look Behind You

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3816-1808-3393
    Well, I figure, if a player is S+ in all 3 modes, it would be weird to match them up with someone who is in the C ranks. It’d be fairly simple to implement that players will start at, for example, their lowest rank (meaning that if they don’t play every mode, they’ll start at C), and there are other ways they could do it too.

Sure everyone started at C- when the game came out, but that was because there was no prior data to go off of. If the game knows what you are capable of, it might as well utilize that info.

Edit: After actually playing CB, I'm going to say I'm wrong. Nobody knows what they're doing, and putting people in C- helps them figure out best strats. Once I figured out what I was doing, I was upgraded to B- instantly, which means that I can play alongside people who have some clue about the mode.

#9 Sifu, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Egg Queen and Maave like this.