• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Clam Blitz "Confusion"

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
The three previous made made all sense, and each one is different from the others and how your team works is detrimental to success.

But while there is capacity to do things on your own in SZ, TC and RM, Clam Blitz is completely different.

Grab clams, throw clams, break barrier, score points, win.
But it is HEFTY team oriented, especially when your team is in sync, or the opposing team is in sync better than yours.

And there is two things you can do here, where is in the other modes, there is only one thing to focus.
Grab Clams and score points.
Or Protect the barrier and prevent the opponent from scoring.

The issue here is i play very defensively in Clam Blitz, using mostly H-Splatling Deco, S-Walls, Bubbler.
And i can keep off the opponents about 40 - 75% of the time, even when i'm outnumbered.

The main point is, my team have 3 people on the field collecting clams, and to score points, so while i'm staying back trying defend, my teammates more often struggles, i am assuming they are being severely outnumbered and outgunned at the opponents goal or somewhere in between, while i protect my own goal and my side of the map, my team have a very hard time scoring too which ends up being a tie-breaker at the end, with us mostly losing.

Is there something i need to change up?
Even though i'm A Rank, everyone is smarting up knowing how this game mode works and i'm getting stuck.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Staying offensive in Clams is the best defense. You can often stop the other team from ever forming power clams or getting near your basket just by splatting them aggressive and collecting clams on the field. Clams take about ten seconds to regenerate, so every clam you collect, even if you throw it away so it disintegrates, is a clam the other team can’t.

Map control is also most important in this mode, so pushing up with your team to move the ink line is extra important.

You should push forward as a team and play defense as a team. I know some competitive teams have a “goal keeper,” but that’s a strategy they picked because they KNOW they can handle having only three players on offense. In solo, you’re going to fail more often than not by not pushing up.

Hope that helps. I’d look up Dude’s YouTube video on the three phases of clams. It explains this better than I could.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Staying offensive in Clams is the best defense. You can often stop the other team from ever forming power clams or getting near your basket just by splatting them aggressive and collecting clams on the field. Clams take about ten seconds to regenerate, so every clam you collect, even if you throw it away so it disintegrates, is a clam the other team can’t.

Map control is also most important in this mode, so pushing up with your team to move the ink line is extra important.

You should push forward as a team and play defense as a team. I know some competitive teams have a “goal keeper,” but that’s a strategy they picked because they KNOW they can handle having only three players on offense. In solo, you’re going to fail more often than not by not pushing up.

Hope that helps. I’d look up Dude’s YouTube video on the three phases of clams. It explains this better than I could.
I Guess one thing i forgot to mention is that playing defensively is something A LOT of my teammates never does so i end up having to stay back in my base protecting when the opponent comes in full force with their full clam in tow.

My teammates also don't react on anything unless the opponent ARE holding the big clam, and by then, they are halway into the opponents base, while the opposing teams frontrunner with the clam is way ahead of them, no way can they reach them, so it ends up with me falling behind to protect the base, because we barely have anyone back there to stop someone from rushing in, and it's usually brushes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom