• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Clash blaster users?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
So, after the sting ray buff, i decided to use the clash blaster and have been doing great with it so far.
It's range is short but the explosions are still fairly big, combine that with its fairly good mobility and you can harass multiple opponents in close-quarters making it great for choke-points and close corridor situations.
It still gets out ranged a lot though, so smart environment use and staying on the move is a must.

But i barely see anyone else use it so, anyone who does use it and willing to share thoughts?

uhhhhhhhh

Inkster Jr.
I cannot stand using the blasters, but whenever I do I use the clash blaster or the rapid blaster

Which is rare lol

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I played clash before it was cool the buffs.

It was a lack luster weapon before they buffed it's turfing per shot.
Having that spotty trail to move in, especially on a cqc weapon really sucked.

Why did I play it? It chews through ink armor (and multiple at that, if your opponents are grouped up)
I feel like a pokey ninja when I play the clash, it's like the more hyper, younger brother of the luna.

And thankfully, now with stingray having more strength, you now have a reason to play clash instead of luna

(However, in most "serious" cases, aka in big tournaments, I would not want a clash blaster over a luna most any time because. while some maps may favor a stingray over a baller, the baller does soooo much for cqc that stingray never will. This leaves clash in a weird spot, competitively, say the clash just moved up from a 5/10 to a 7/10, while the luna moved from a 7/10 to a 8.5/10 [or for you splat1 squids, think of the splattershot vs the tentatek, splattershot is a good weapon, just ttek is "better" ] so you can definitely make clash work in competitive, if you want it to, just work at it )

Scrubbo

Inkling
NNID
Thulackos
Switch Friend Code
SW-0407-3026-4331
I recently picked up the clash blaster and have found it to be my go to weapon for tower control specifically. It's range and impact does make it seem like an unfortunate Luna blaster but when getting up close and aggressive around the tower that rapid fire has been extremely helpful.

With the sting ray buff it's been all the more helpful when picking off higher and further enemies. It's certainly not a weapon I would take to splatzones or rainmaker though, mainly for reasons listed above. I'd love for them to release a new one with a different kit.

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
I think it is a good support/defensive /harassing weapon. It actually has a purpose now due to stingray buff. It's actually a game changing weapon on tc. Spaltbombs on tower, heavy pressure on checkpoints, and sting ray during a push, or to disrupt checkpoints.
I think this weapon is best at playing "lame" or trying to punish the opponent for moving forward. I've seen players do well with it online, and I've also had success with it, post patch of course.

Last edited:

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I felt like maining a new weapon, so I chose the Clash Blaster. Currently using:ability_runspeed:, :ability_inksavermain:, and bomb defense. Good?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I felt like maining a new weapon, so I chose the Clash Blaster. Currently using:ability_runspeed:, :ability_inksavermain:, and bomb defense. Good?
I like to use a few ink resistance for up close and personal weapons personally.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Run speed up and main saver is always good on the clash.
Bomb defense is somewhat more situational but still useful on clash in order to hold your ground more.

I do suggest ink resistance up.
Thermal ink has also been surprisingly usefull.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
This is the gun I use in RM (and really only there). My gear is equal to about one main of ninja squid, 3.3333 mains of sub saver, .6666 mains of main saver, .6666 mains of sub power up and .3333 mains of ink recovery up.

I use the splat bombs to clear the path for the RM carrier (when it isn't me) and to take down the opposing RM carrier when we're defending. The clash blaster is great for when things get up close and personal. The Sting Ray is great for defending against the RM carrier from across the map or additional path clearing when my team has the RM.

I know it's a strange weapon to main only in RM since it doesn't ink much, but I've had a strange amount of success with it specifically using this bomb-spamming gear set.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
This is the gun I use in RM (and really only there). My gear is equal to about one main of ninja squid, 3.3333 mains of sub saver, .6666 mains of main saver, .6666 mains of sub power up and .3333 mains of ink recovery up.
FYI, one sub is worth 0.3 mains exactly. Three subs are worth 0.9 mains, not 1 main. Check the wiki for tables and formulas of how the math breaks down.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
FYI, one sub is worth 0.3 mains exactly. Three subs are worth 0.9 mains, not 1 main. Check the wiki for tables and formulas of how the math breaks down.
Thanks for letting me know. Using .3333 instead of .3 made my previous post indecipherable.

Anyway, my point is: I like being able to throw splat bombs out from safe range in RM (where enemies often group around the rain maker carrier) but with the ability to clash blaster blast people quickly if they get close to me. It's been pretty effective so far.

Last edited:

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Thanks for letting me. Using .3333 instead of .3 made my previous post indecipherable.

Anyway, my point is: I like being able to throw splat bombs out from safe range in RM (where enemies often group around the rain maker carrier) but with the ability to clash blaster blast people quickly if they get close to me. It's been pretty effective so far.
I sometimes use a simliar tactic with the rapid blaster.
E.g activate bomb rush to throw some bombs far away to the rainmker carier or behind the rainmake shield and then pick of the enemy's that scattered with my main weapon from a distance.
Works very well usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom