• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Classic Squiffer: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

Inu

Inkling
Very nice tips so far. I just reached B- Rank with the classic squiff. It fits me like a glove very well so far. However, now that i realize their is another Squiffer i'll have to give that one a go.

Point sensor is quite powerful. I literally splat people sometimes when they round a corner for 0.25 seconds. Sometimes im glad people can't message me in this game, probably call me wall hacks mc squiffer face or something. Overall point sensor is more Team utility than anything, im assuming it shows for everyone on the team.

I like to use bubbler on Tower games, last 5 seconds or so its amazing. Just have to pin yourself between the pole and people shooting at you otherwise they'll knock you off.
Also hide behind the tower pole with a full charge peek out and splat suckers. I've gone 12 kill streak with this method, against bad players.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
learning to use the the bamboozler mark II really makes me wish we had disrupter + echo locator on a squiffer x___x

sammich

Inkling Cadet
lol double post 4 months later!!

(anyway, the past few weeks i've been kicking it up into S from A+ after a loooooong haul of TW only for months. i've had a lot of success in the A's just in general, and the times i dropped down to A+ it's been really easy to get back up...)

in other words, i've got my A+ playstyle down, but it's not very effective in S yet. opponents are harder to hit, sneakier, and more aware of their (and my) range. maybe i'm a little too aggressive for my aim!

what are your tips for strategies for S and S+ squiffer play? are you more defensive or offensive? how do you avoid getting flanked? when do you use the bubbler? etc.

and

what abilities are you running? what are your opinions on cold-blooded and defense up? etc.

currently running:
main --> charge speed up, run speed up, ink res up
sub --> run speed up x3, special saver x3, quick respawn x3 (the last two are mostly incidental)

i don't run into many squiffers in ranked so any tips are welcome.

Last edited:

thegaminghobbes

Inkling
I like using the Classic Squiffer. It's just right for a more aggressive mood, but still wanting to use a Charger. I've been trying to use it where I usually use E-Liters, like Moray Towers, just to get used to weaving and dodging and approaching people. I'm usually very defensive and this weapons helps me learn to aim in sticky situations.

I've used the alternate Squiffer only a few times, the last being a very nice win streak in Walleye Warehouse Tower Control. I planted Ink Mines when I could on the Tower itself and went around trying to stop others. It could have been just good team composition and the stage, but those were satisfying matches. I wonder if I could use the same weapon in Splat Zones on certain stages.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i just wanna say that i think it's hilarious that any time there's a squiffer ditto one match in solo queue, at least one will drop out by the next round.

it's like an unspoken rule that there can be only one squiffer per group. XD

Szion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Szionblue
I used to main this weapon in turf war.

My strategy to make it viable was to echo any enemy i ccouldnt shoot so someone else could.
its good at escaping too with its charge time and if u get in range ur probably gonna kill something.
ive movedd to the bamboozler mkII for ranked but for turf war squiffer classic is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom