• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Colossal Changes for Urchin Underpass - New Map Overhaul!

Do you like Urchin Underpass's new look?

• So fresh!

Votes: 107 79.9%
  • Kinda stale...

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I prefer the old map!

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • I don't even like this map either way...

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Thanks to the technicians and interns over at Splatoon HQ, the map that started it all is getting a major rehaul a few months following launch.

Some changes include a different location for the base trees, opened-up chokepoints and mid, and different side-path structures.

You can check out a full tour of the new map with the help of a new video from GameXplain:

TheRapture

Comments

Yay, first comment. Anyway GX's analysis sounded pretty interesting so I can't. Hopefully I will like this stage more than I did before.

Great changes imo. It makes the map less about abusing choke points, and more about using the core movement mechanics of the game to get an advantage; as you can see by all of the added ramps and slopes. Also the best sniper spot has an ink-able wall leading up to it and glass under it, so that's good.

I wonder if anyone will actually use the second opening since the floor can't be inked, seems kind of risky.

The fact that they moved the trees to the center is pretty interesting, I wonder if they will have a serious effect there. Maybe minor cover? Or maybe people will stand on top of the trees!

I'm glad they made the spot at the end of the side paths (that exit to the middle) uninkable. It will make camping that spot a bit tougher.

As an ink brush user, I'm just glad I'll be able to move around the map easier.

Cough, instead of getting rekt'd right before getting to the middle. It's a nightmare trying to get in with no support. :|

Wow. Urchin looks so much better now. I believe this change was warranted. Abusing the chokepoints made it easy to win the game and frustrating to take back in my opinion.

RIP Tree.

I hated the old one and I barely did anything there! Now I can really compete on UU! I like how there's more space so if you get the center first you still have a chance to lose it.

Now I have to wait for Arowanna Malls change (in the mall, lose the middle=lose the game)

The old UU was my favorite map, but these changes all look pretty good. Except for the trees next to the zone. I don't like those

I wonder if anyone will actually use the second opening since the floor can't be inked, seems kind of risky.

The fact that they moved the trees to the center is pretty interesting, I wonder if they will have a serious effect there. Maybe minor cover? Or maybe people will stand on top of the trees!
That is the only side path that can be inked from the center. I think the glass is to make it less appealing for campers, but squid beakons seem to be a bit more ignored by the enemy team and harder to break for rollers/brushes when placed on glass, etc.

Anyways amazing overhaul on this map- still loving how they moved the vending machines.

I like the new change, but I think the old Urchin Underpass should still be playable in someway.
It will probably remain in the Dojo. Not what you mean, I know, but if they continue these updates then at least we can go back and see how the first 5 maps were like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom