• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Competitive and Fun

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Been a while since I've been part of a message board, but seen this one and had to join. I hope to find a team to play both competitively and for fun with. Drop a line and maybe we can get this started upon release of Splatoon. Looking forward to meeting many new players here and spending many weekend hours claiming our turf!

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Hey! Welcome to squidboards!
People have actually already begun setting up squads before the game comes out, I'm certain it won't be hard finding a time to play against.

On release date you'd have a harder time NOT finding someone to play with, I think everyone will be in the chatterbox setting up matches.

There's a whole bunch to discuss while we wait for the direct come Thursday, look around and have fun!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
well hopefully you find competitive play fun :P

i get what you mean though, you're definitely welcome here on the boards! players are already making competitive squads, so you're not the only one excited for it

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I always love seeing more players who want to get in the competitive side of things. Let us make Splatoon grow!

iDaylon

Inkling Cadet
Hope you find a squad and enjoy competitive Splatoon. It'll be a blast for sure. :D

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Thanks everyone! I have to add quickly that I am looking forward to what news is going to come out of the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

Sometimes it has not been as easy to get into a consistent competitive play for some time. Being a "responsible" adult and father can take up a lot of a gamers time, haha! My hopes is that I can find a squid squad that is going to have enough players in order to pick up the slack when I am not there. So if you know anyone that can handle a player that can guarantee some play one or two nights a week, please steer me in their direction.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Thanks everyone! I have to add quickly that I am looking forward to what news is going to come out of the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

Sometimes it has not been as easy to get into a consistent competitive play for some time. Being a "responsible" adult and father can take up a lot of a gamers time, haha! My hopes is that I can find a squid squad that is going to have enough players in order to pick up the slack when I am not there. So if you know anyone that can handle a player that can guarantee some play one or two nights a week, please steer me in their direction.
you could probably find a team that works within your schedule, it looks like a lot of people are looking for players!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
That's what I am hoping for FunkyLobster
if you can't arrive to tournaments every time, you could probably be a back-up player or a freelance player. that's how tf2 does it among some other games, and it works for teams playing those respectively

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Any reasonable team should be able to accommodate to your schedules. Life should always come first, and a team should be aware of this.
You got that right, it always has a way of coming first, haha!! I only joke like it's a nuisance but I can't really complain much. I am raising a few gamers as well, so when it works out right, we definitely put in the time with the consoles and handhelds we have at our disposal.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
if you can't arrive to tournaments every time, you could probably be a back-up player or a freelance player. that's how tf2 does it among some other games, and it works for teams playing those respectively
That sounds like a good option too. Once I heard about this board and the community, I figured it would be a good idea to get on and get a start at trying to find the right players to fit me in since we have a few more weeks before the games release

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This would probably go best on your profile or on your welcome to the forums thread. :P

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn

Actually, I've been looking for a reliable group of players for the longest time now, but for some reason everyone's turned off by the fact that I'm younger than most people on the forum. Willing to join me?

plzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyes

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Actually, I've been looking for a reliable group of players for the longest time now, but for some reason everyone's turned off by the fact that I'm younger than most people on the forum. Willing to join me?

plzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyesplzsayyes
Bottlecapn, I see that you are quite a bit younger than myself, as for the rest of the board, I am not sure the average age. I will tell you what though, I will be willing to give you a chance upon the games release. I wouldn't think your age is a factor as much as it could be your years of experience, which might be causing others to turn away. I'll be fair and give you a shot and we will go from there

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Bottlecapn, I see that you are quite a bit younger than myself, as for the rest of the board, I am not sure the average age. I will tell you what though, I will be willing to give you a chance upon the games release. I wouldn't think your age is a factor as much as it could be your years of experience, which might be causing others to turn away. I'll be fair and give you a shot and we will go from there
Years of experience? I've been playing Halo and COD since I was 7, if that counts for anything. Also been in the competitive Smash scene for about a year. Man, people severely underestimate the intelligence and skill of a 14-year old these days...

Thanks though for the opportunity. :) Looking forward to playing with you

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Years of experience? I've been playing Halo and COD since I was 7, if that counts for anything. Also been in the competitive Smash scene for about a year. Man, people severely underestimate the intelligence and skill of a 14-year old these days...

Thanks though for the opportunity. :) Looking forward to playing with you
I wasn't trying to offend with my response, but just throwing out a possible reason. Don't take it too personally.

You've got more experience on CoD than I do though. Actually just started playing a couple of them in the last 6 month mostly because of coworkers that play. I do play a lot of Goldeneye though and used to play SOCOM so hopefully those skills come in handy for Splatoon

N7Kopper

Inkling
NNID
N7Kopper
I wasn't trying to offend with my response, but just throwing out a possible reason. Don't take it too personally.

You've got more experience on CoD than I do though. Actually just started playing a couple of them in the last 6 month mostly because of coworkers that play. I do play a lot of Goldeneye though and used to play SOCOM so hopefully those skills come in handy for Splatoon
Goldeneye? I had that back in the day - preferred Turok: Rage Wars to be honest, though. Hopefully you didn't pick Oddjob. Nobody likes an Oddjob.

Kind of want to play some Doom now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom