• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Competitive Splatoon weapon tier list

CaLiBoYz

Inkling
NNID
Mr.splashman24
C Tier : Aerospray MG, Ink Brush Nouveau, Neo Sploosh-O-Matic

reasoning: I put the aerospray RG here becuase of it's terrible range and terrible damage. It's RNG is disgusting even tho it is kind of nullified by it's fire rate. I put the MG version instead of RG cause even tho ink mine can be good on tower and get some surprise kills, it just doesn't compare to the seeker inkzooka kit the MG has. Ultimately its viablility in RANKED modes is pitiful, even though rocket is a beast with it. The inkbrush nouveau is here because it shares a lot of the aerospray MG's problem. The inkbrush's range is not very good and it relies on being able to camp and surprise opponents and catch them off guard. If the inkbrush cannot do so it cannot operate. Yes it is very fast but the speed won't do you any good if your ink is getting used at a high rate since the ink consumption is terrible. I picked the nouveau version because i feel the inkbrush desperately needs the Get Out of Jail free card the bubbler has. The Neo sploosh is the last weapon in C rank because again it shares the aerospray's problem. The only difference is less range , a slightly slower fire rate, and an increase in damage. The increase in damage plus the beacon krakon kit makes the sploosh slightly better.

B Tier : Custom Splattershot Jr., Octobrush, Classic Squiffer, Sloshing Machine, Rapid blaster Pro Deco, Custom Hydra Splattling, L-3 Nozzlenose D, Bamboozler 14 MK II, H-3 Nozzlenose, Neo Splash-O-matic, Range Blaster, Kelp Splat Charger, N-Zap 85, Zink Mini splattling, Dual Squelcher

reasoning: The CSJ(custom splattershot jr.) is here because while it's decent damage, good fire rate, good movement speed, and ok range make it a deadly offensive weapon if able to operate well, it is just shut down by so many things. The CJS still is over matched by a lot of weapons in range and damage which makes it an easy target when trying to approach when not in ink control. Also it's regular form relies way to much on its special and really without the bubbler it just isnt viable. Now i put the CJS here because i feel like being able to locate and disrupt opponents makes it waaay easier to get kills with this weapon. Now, moving on to the octo brush

A Tier : , Custom Blaster, Krak-On Roller, Carbon Roller, Heavy Splattling, Forge Splattershot Pro, Slosher Deco, Tri Slosher, Custom Jet Squelcher, Kelp Splatterscope

S Tier : Neo Luna Blaster, Dynamo Roller, Octoshot, .52 Gal, .96 Gal Deco, E-Liter 3K, E-Liter 3K Scope

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Trust me dude. you're better off abandoning this thread. Weapon tier lists have never gone well on this site and likely never will. And i would highly disagree with a lot the placements here, but i'm not gonna get into that because it simply won't work.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
You forgot to put Aerospray RG at S Tier

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I'm outraged, Inkbrush Nouveau is clearly the most OP weapon in the game. I see it all the time in S matches. It's just the best choice for any playstyle.

CaLiBoYz

Inkling
NNID
Mr.splashman24
Trust me dude. you're better off abandoning this thread. Weapon tier lists have never gone well on this site and likely never will. And i would highly disagree with a lot the placements here, but i'm not gonna get into that because it simply won't work.
Lol bro i made this tier list because I wanted to. I'm not stupid i know that people are going to disagree and to tell u the truth i dont care and why should I care if u disagree tell me why i would love to have a friendly discussion. I made this to give out my opinion on the weapon tier list in the game not to convince others that im right.

CaLiBoYz

Inkling
NNID
Mr.splashman24
I'm outraged, Inkbrush Nouveau is clearly the most OP weapon in the game. I see it all the time in S matches. It's just the best choice for any playstyle.
No offense but you sound extremely biased. Look inkbrush is an amazing weapon and if you want to use then use and dominate everyone.....but it isnt as good as the other weapons on this list. The inkbrush is such a short range weapon that it just gets destroyed by weapons with better range which is A LOT of weapons. Also the ink consumption is terrible it forces you to have ink saver and it still isnt that good. I mean yea you're fast with this weapon but what good is speed if you're running out of ink so much. U might as well use a roller if you are gonna use a brush but still this game is so balanced that you can dominate with any weapon against any other weapon. I hope you understand why I put it so low. Also the inkbrush requires a patient but aggressive play style and you better like button mashing cause you are gonna be doing that a lot.

a part of me feels like im getting trolled.......

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
No offense but you sound extremely biased. Look inkbrush is an amazing weapon and if you want to use then use and dominate everyone.....but it isnt as good as the other weapons on this list. The inkbrush is such a short range weapon that it just gets destroyed by weapons with better range which is A LOT of weapons. Also the ink consumption is terrible it forces you to have ink saver and it still isnt that good. I mean yea you're fast with this weapon but what good is speed if you're running out of ink so much. U might as well use a roller if you are gonna use a brush but still this game is so balanced that you can dominate with any weapon against any other weapon. I hope you understand why I put it so low. Also the inkbrush requires a patient but aggressive play style and you better like button mashing cause you are gonna be doing that a lot.

a part of me feels like im getting trolled.......
Please be careful with double posting. Thank you

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Lol bro i made this tier list because I wanted to. I'm not stupid i know that people are going to disagree and to tell u the truth i dont care and why should I care if u disagree tell me why i would love to have a friendly discussion. I made this to give out my opinion on the weapon tier list in the game not to convince others that im right.
well i feel you should have explained your tier list, instead of just putting weapons in a tier. you could have explained why the weapons are in said tier, what said tier represents etc. something along those lines. i don't really wanna discuss weapon viablility (someone might, but not me).

CaLiBoYz

Inkling
NNID
Mr.splashman24
i thought of that but i decided that if anyone questioned anything they would just say it but so far all I have gotten is a bunch of dumb trolls and you lol

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
your tier list is all wrong,the H-3 nozzle noze sholud be S+ right after the sloshing machine and the aerospray RG.wait,why am i being sarcaistic when i'm the one whos uses it in ranked?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
i thought of that but i decided that if anyone questioned anything they would just say it but so far all I have gotten is a bunch of dumb trolls and you lol
i was also gonna say that, because of the way tier list threads have crashed and burned, that you'll get a lot of memers. at this point, no one takes tier lists seriously.

CaLiBoYz

Inkling
NNID
Mr.splashman24
i was also gonna say that, because of the way tier list threads have crashed and burned, that you'll get a lot of memers. at this point, no one takes tier lists seriously.
Yea people only take it seriously if it is posted by like DUDE or something jeez people are idiots sometimes

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
Yea people only take it seriously
sorry,it's just that you put the tier list with no explanation on why you think that some weapons are better than others when you should have asked what other people think and organize the tier list based on what the community thinks about a weapon.

if it is posted by like DUDE or something
while DUDE is a really good player and knows what he's talking about i wouldn't completely agree with him because i have different experiences with a weapon and different opinions about said weapon.

jeez people are idiots sometimes
well pl- wait no you're right on that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom