1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Congratulations ads keep popping up

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by WoomyWa, Apr 26, 2019.

1. WoomyWa

WoomyWa Inkling

idk if this is the place to post it but I keep getting congratulations you have won so and so scam ads. Why do these pop up for me

20170217 likes this.
  2. Cephalopod Protagonist

One actually popped up when I clicked your post...

WoomyWa likes this.
  3. WoomyWa

WoomyWa Inkling

Oh crud.... guess I’m not alone

4. Azure ST

Azure ST Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2076-3733-1036
    I haven’t had “congratulations” things on squidboards in a while (not in months), but for weeks theyve been popping up literally every time I try to go on this other site to the point where I basically can’t access the site

If I’m understanding them correctly they’re caused by ads that contain and run scripts to direct you to other sites. An adblocker should help but I don’t have much experience to reference for that

WoomyWa likes this.
  5. 20170217

20170217 Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1962-0893-4402
    Yeah I’ve been getting these non-stop too, the forced redirect makes this site literally unusable on mobile right now

Edit: Yep still happening

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beginning to understand why this place is so inactive, asked about this on Discord and was completely ignored :^)

#5 20170217, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  6. TheRapture

TheRapture Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
    Admin

NNID:
    Ya_Boi_Rapture
    If you keep receiving these, please put in a support ticket so we can look into this properly. Apologies for the delay. Thanks!

Azure ST likes this.