• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Connection issue in every multiplayer battle?

InklingCaitlin

Full Squid
NNID
Caitlin
Switch Friend Code
SW-0816-6246-4407
I've been having this problem a lot recently has anyone else had this problem? Like I can only play Splatoon at a certain time and that is it.... My connection is fine. Any suggestions?

galacticremix

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1934-6925-3589
The same has happened for me actually, and it's often when I play with Japanese players, matches get really laggy which really affects the outcome of the battle.. sometimes I can't even connect to a match at all. It's really weird;;

Yeah, playing ranked with a friend, it's been taking a long time to find opponents and we get disconnects and connection errors often.
I wonder if some of the matchmaking servers are down? It would explain the slow matchmaking... and then if the matchmaking were done poorly, it could explain the disconnects...

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
No issues for me so far today, touch wood.

CinnaDonut

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SerFiora
I have this problem at night and only in ranked. I get in Turf War too sometimes, but I think it's because the whole region thing with Japan. Since, you know, Japan.

Commander Fresh

Inkling
NNID
CommanderFresh
Had an issue when I first bought the game and again during the 2.0 update where I would disconnect within thirty seconds of every game. Resetting my router to factory settings fixed the issue both times, but before you attempt that, make sure you know how to reapply your current settings/network ID/passwords etc.

toxictower

Full Squid
For me it just depends. When I start losing 2 or 3 games in ranked to faulty internet connection, I switch to Turf War or do something else :mad:

Revolution5268

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Revolution_5268
I usually get issues with one player gets disconnected. Its always 3 Vs. 4 I just do not understand how does that work.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Sometimes I'll lose connection despite having an excellent one. Disconnections are rare enough where it does not bug me much, but they happen more on ranked battles than turf wars, which is really unfortunate. I'm not sure if it's on our end, or if the servers on Nintendo's end have issues.

However, other players disconnecting is such a big problem. Maybe it's either circumstance, or my imagination, but disconnections are far more common than they used to be. It really hurts the overall experience of the game.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
From my experience, the game doesn't play nice with Wi-Fi. It's definitely that because I have no issues with the game and I'm on a wired connection.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
I play from Chile with a wi-fi connection from a router that's not in the same room as my Wii U, and I've had a smoother experience with Splatoon than with any other console shooter I've played (like Uncharted and The Last of Us), even with Japanese players involved; and any connection issues I have are few and far-between, blameable on my internet simply crapping out on me rather than the game or console themselves.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Oh by the way, Nintendo of America set up some really bad regional servers for Splatfest this time around. We're getting a disconnect from the lobby almost every match and the "Muricans are lagging 10 times harder than any Japanese player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom