• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Constant Boss Rushes in Salmon Run

MasterMarine

Inkling
NNID
MasterMarine
Switch Friend Code
SW-4811-2485-9604
I've played a ton of Salmon Run at this point (for the 4 days of owning Splatoon 2) and I witnessed a bit of unfair losses. With my rank at Part-Time, there would be rounds with the sea level risen, which normally at the later rounds. During these rounds, a ton of bosses would appear, most being the same ones. But there would two of the same boss and another ambushing us with very limited room. I always get frustrated because there would be no possible tactic for all 4 of us to take them down and surviving the onslaught of mooks. I ask, does the bosses appear more constant as the game furthers or at random?

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Hey fam, first of all welcome to Squidboards! We do have a thread where we talk about Salmon Run in general, so if you have any more question/comments you can post them here: https://squidboards.com/threads/grizzco-break-room.31579/page-23#post-262341

As far as your question goes, bosses appearances are all RNG based. I get the same multiple bosses popping up all the time when I play.

Squidify

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8542-7373-7610
If you have trouble you should join my group. It's a Salmon Run squad where we help you improve. It's completely normal to have rising levels early on. I've had unfair losses too! I once lost on the LAST second of a round! (We had the quota). https://discord.gg/QbDcaVJ <-- That's the link to the squad. We have practices and we give tips! Message me if you have any questions.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
The type of wave you get is completely unrelated to the wave number you are on.

It's all just random chance. You are as likely to get a specific type of wave on Wave 1 as you are on Wave 3. The only time the frequency changes is when you shift to a different ranking tier.

This is the chart of the typical frequency you should see any of these waves.
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Salmon_Run_data#Wave_type

So, as a Part-Timer, you have a 20.9% chance of your wave being High Tide. Either normal or special.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I always get frustrated because there would be no possible tactic for all 4 of us to take them down and surviving the onslaught of mooks.
Sure there is, this is nothing yet. Wait until you're in Profreshional 300 or 400. You won't believe some of the stuff you'll survive on higher ranks.

Cephalobro

Trust me, it's so much worse in Profreshional 400, in that rank, it's either you take down the most harmful bosses (in most cases: Flyfish, Steel Eel and Stingers) right away, or it's game over.

Last edited:

squidkidd0

Inkling
You have to accept it to be unfair and losses in SR. It is random and that's part of the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom