1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Constant Disconnect issue

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by 4Faces, Oct 5, 2019.

1. 4Faces

4Faces Inkling

NNID:
    3Faces
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6648-9288-9965
    Hello,

This is my first post, I pretty much made this account just to ask for help.

So I've been playing splatoon 2 since day 1, and I have only just started having this (incredibly frustrating) problem. Every time I go to play a match, after a few seconds, or even until just the last ten seconds, I get disconnected.

I know that it's a very common issue, but this problem only started happening for me in June of this year. I've followed Nintendo's advise for the issue, but none of their resolutions have worked.

I want to know if there's any way to fix it or if I can never play the game again.

Please help, 4Faces

2. Forma

Forma Full Squid

NNID:
    Forma1
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3994-7331-0318
    It sounds like this is an issue more to do with your connection. If you haven't already, I'd recommend changing a few things:
    1. If you aren't already, get an ethernet adapter - the Switch's wifi chip is notoriously terrible.
    2. In your connection settings, change the MTU to 1500
    3. Manually assign your DNS to one like 1.1.1.1 or Google's public DNS.
    Hopefully this helps.

4Faces and Ansible like this.
  3. 4Faces

4Faces Inkling

NNID:
    3Faces
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6648-9288-9965
    Thanks, I changed the MTU to 1500 and now it's running perfectly.

Ansible and Raumdeuter like this.