• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Convince me, why is the Octo Expansion worth it?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I still have never bought the DLC. I hear people a lot of people are praising it, but nothing I've seen so far impresses me. 80 levels sure sounds a lot, but is it enough to make me play through it again? I only replayed the first story mode just to unlock some Hero weapons I want. Heck, I still don't get the appeal of Octolings. They came off to me as "Meh, that's neat I guess" and never really phased me into going, "Oh, I want to play as them so badly!"

So why does the expansion worth the $20?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Simple, do you want a single player experience with a decent amount challenge?

These levels are definitely no cakewalk like Octo Canyon. Most have their distinctive gimmick that set them apart, testing different types of skills, in general or of a weapon.

Whether or not you would want to go and replay levels again really boils down to two things, how much do you like going back to challenge modes in games for fun, and this is honestly a pretty good mode to kill time on if you don't have internet at the time.

I personally did not care about the Octoling aspect of it at all, I just enjoy the decently lengthy single player experience with a decent amount of challenge that was utterly lacking in the base single player mode.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The new "levels" are challenging without being frustrating, and there's a lot of variety to them. I found them a lot of fun. I was still a little iffy about the $20 price tag until I reached the endgame sequence, though. There ends up being a fair amount of plot, and the finale is epic. I could take or leave the Octolings, though some of the gear is cool-looking, and you'll also finish with a fair amount of tickets and gear chunks as prizes (and can grind for more).

Cephalobro

Backstory about Off The Hook, a villain that's not DJ Octavio and challenging levels, not to mention, exclusive gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom