• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Coral's Blog of Misadventures

Cephalobro

((Hey, I decided to just share little funny stories on what Coral goes through. Not to worry, nothing sad or depressive, even though his backstory is like that. This is meant to be more of a lighthearted thing, think Splatoon Manga but only in text form. And about the double parenthesis? That would just be me talking, as normal parenthesis will be used regularly by Coral himself.))

Cephalobro

Hey there, my name is Coral, I figured I kind of wanted to do some sort of blog thing on what happens during the day. This is apparently what the Inklings like to do, so I guess this is going to help make new friends.

But on the topic of friends, my Octotrooper brother Clam and I made a bet (we are like best friends so yeah): Whoever got the highest score in Octo Racer online (I'm currently in Splatsville at the moment) would decide something embarrassing for the losing person. Well, *nervous laughter* I lost the bet and here's what happened: he made me cross-dress for a day. Normally, I used a school uniform made for guys (I haven't enrolled in an Inkopolis school, that's just what I use sometimes for ink battles, weird I know) but this time, I had to wear Kelp's uniform, but she knew about the bet. Clam couldn't stop laughing when he saw me.

So there I was, in public, I managed to hide my embarrassment really well, but I sometimes looked at my reflection and saw my face get red with embarrassment. I went to do some ink battles, at least they are intense enough to get at least some of the participants to forget about it.

Hmm, maybe if I win the next bet, I'll make Clam wear a clown wig and nose, yeah that's embarrassing enough to him I think.

Coral signing out!

((So, this was actually based on how the Splatoon 1 Inkling Girl Amiibo actually gives you both the feminine and masculine version of the uniform and I dressed my Octoling with the feminine one first. But either way, he felt embarrassed.))

Cephalobro

Coral again! I have wondered, where do these big (but empty) packaging with a big plastic part at the front come from? ((he's referring to the Amiibo boxes))

One second, I take a closer look at them, and the next thing you know, a strangely-detailed statue of someone materializes and comes to life! Heck, I have even seen Pearl and Marina in there, or at least their replicas. Either way, it's strange, but these beings are actually docile, they even allowed me to take pictures with them and some of them even let me decide what they wear.

Well, this is about it for this blog, I just wanted to point out some strangeness, see you later!

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Your buddy Coral again here for another blog!

I will have to say, Splatsville can be extremely hot when it wants to be, and yet, I swear I have felt really cold when I went to the grate. Even weirder is that there was an old man peeking out from there the other day, what's up with that?

Well, at least there are still some familiar faces, first of all, my co-worker is also my roommate, his name is Shark for those who are curious. My girlfriend Kelp is also planning to come over to Splatsville sometime because she misses me. Oh and wouldn't you believe, Sheldon runs the Ammo Knights in Splatsville too! He seems to be a lot more decked out than before. This explains why Clam took over the Ammo Knights in Inkopolis Square now!

I should mention that Shark has a Steelhead roommate/pet, I thought that interacting with Salmonids outside of Grizzco was illegal. So, Splatsville probably gets an exception? How did that Steelhead make his way over here anyways?

That's it for now, I'm going to turn on the AC just to combat some of the heat, see you next blog!

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Back again at another blog!

So, you know how floating Spawn Points were seen in Inkopolis? Well, it turns out that was a thing from someone in Splatsville. Spawn Points were always Octarian tech, so it doesn't surprise me that they are floating now. But one thing I did find out now is that the concept of a floating Spawn Point actually came from my own neighborhood. The Octarian engineers from there apparently worked with some crab CEO from Splatsville who approved the idea. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the first time I was launched out of one of those Spawn Points, they face the ground when they do that to you. I obviously panicked, thankfully, Shark showed me that the intention was to prevent the other team from surrounding the area near the Spawn Points.

I will never forget that I yelled "This is crazy!" after being launched the first time. Well, I'm going to play some Turf Wars now, see you next blog!

Cephalobro

Another day, another blog... here we go!

Shark looks kind of grumpy all the time, I don't why he looks like that, he never told me the true reason. I always get answers like "I'm busy." or "I'm just in a bad mood today.", eh everybody got secrets, so I probably should stop trying to know his before he forces me to tell my own. *nervous laughter*

Oh and for those who want to know, I will not tell you my secret because I will keep it at all costs. So next time you try to know somebody's secret, just do them a favor and stop, or karma's gonna get you at some point, that's my advice.

This is it for this blog, I wish something interesting happened, but this will suffice for now, see you next blog!

Cephalobro

Back at it with another blog!

So, I don't know if I'm just seeing things, but I swear I have seen a Smallfry in Splatsville. What's weird is that it just stood there, maybe its owner/companion managed to tame/become friends with it? Whoever interacted with this Smallfry is either playing an ink battle of some kind or working at Grizzco.

I will see you guys next blog for when I talk about something that actually doesn't involve shooting ink at all and is popular in Splatsville!

Cephalobro

Okay, sorry for taking so long!

I was recently playing Tableturf Battle, which is the card game I was alluding to. It's a game that anyone can play so it doesn't matter if you're not an Inkling or Octoling, you can still play this fun and exciting card game! I can't wait to show this to Clam since it will be something new I can do with him for fun!

Anyways, I wonder if there will ever be a 2vs2 version of it? It might be fun! This is it for this blog, short I know, but I'm busy with some important stuff nowadays, Shark is needing my help so yeah, I'll see you guys next blog!

Cephalobro

The unthinkable happened a few weeks ago!

Salmonids actually invaded Wahoo World, this is something I didn't expect. But I'm glad it's still intact, as I eventually plan to go on a date with Kelp over there at some point. Oh yeah, I didn't elaborate on her enough, but she's a great Octoling to be by my side and I'm glad she's my girlfriend. She actually texted me today a picture of her with her sister and parents back in Inkopolis. Another thing I see are the hosts of Splatsville suddenly having a Splatfest based on taste. I off course will take part in this Splatfest just as I did the previous one. I don't really have a favorite this time, sure I like some sweet foods, but I don't really eat them that often. I can only tolerate spicy foods that are more on the gentle side and the only sour thing I will ever like is lemonade, which most of the time already has a bit of sweet anyways. Well, that and eating BBQ with pure lemon juice on it.

However, I will actually pick Team Sweet not because of food, but because sweet is Kelp's whole personality, so I'll participate in the Splatfest as a way of honoring her. See you next time!

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Hello again, fresh from the Splatfest!

So, it looks like Team Sweet wins! I did all I could to contribute and it paid off. While Kelp wasn't there with me, I fought for Team Sweet to honor her. When I told her in a phone call, she specifically said "Aww Coral, that's so sweet." I could tell by her voice that she really appreciated what I did for her.

So that was that, anyways, the further good news is that my mission here in Splatsville is almost done. Again, I will not say what it is as I don't want Shark to get ticked off. But I'm so excited to get it done, and what about Splatsville? Well, there is an Octarian-built train that directly connects Inkopolis to Splatsville, it's very quick too. So yes, as long as there are Splatfests, I will keep returning to Splatsville during the day, but then return to Inkopolis at dusk.

Cephalobro

Well, another Splatfest is just around the corner. This time it's chocolate-themed! Just in time for Valentine's Day as well. Speaking of which, Kelp loves white chocolate. While I don't eat chocolate that often (in fact, she eats a lot more chocolate than I do), I do prefer the sweetest flavor, so white chocolate it is for me.

Oh and some other good news, no, the mission with Shark in Splatsville is not done yet. But Kelp is coming over to visit us! I'm beyond excited that she's coming just in time for Splatfest, the fact that we are going to be on the same Splatfest team is a great bonus, so we can use our usual combined skills in a Splatfest match for the first time. How exciting! Regardless of whether we win or lose this Splatfest, being with Kelp is always a win for me, I'm such a lucky guy!

Anyways, I'm getting too excited, she just arrived, so for now I'll be signing off to greet her! See you later.

Cephalobro

Another blog, here we go!

Kelp and I have dominated many matches in this Splatfest, contributing to White Chocolate winning! We are excited to see that our combined battling skills have proved to matter to team White Chocolate. So to celebrate, I gave her a box full of white chocolate. Also, now that Kelp will stay with us for a while, she will need somewhere to sleep. Shark told me he doesn't have anything Kelp can use to sleep. So I offered her the bed I sleep on, but she refused because she would feel bad if I was forced to sleep on the couch. So that's when Kelp decided that I sleep with her on the same bed instead. Great idea!

About the mission again, Shark told me to keep it a secret from Kelp. I don't know why he decided that, I'm guessing that he didn't want another person involved. Oh well, we're almost done with it anyways, we should be done with it by this spring as a matter of fact, then back to Inkopolis we go. I heard that Inkopolis Plaza is opening up again, with the Squid Sisters as the news hosts. I have never seen Inkopolis Plaza, but I heard it's a very nostalgic place for many Inklings.

Thankfully, the new Octarian-built train can just stop at the station right beside Inkopolis Plaza. Anyways, I think I have typed too much as it is, so I will see you guys next blog!

Cephalobro

I have something very exciting to share!

My mission with Shark is done, which means he, Kelp, and I are heading back to Inkopolis. Oh and Steelhead is going back to his home as well. Now that the mission is over, I asked Shark if I could share the details with the world. He gave me permission to do so now that whatever we dealt with basically doesn't exist anymore. So in the beginning, unbeknownst even to me at first, Shark had a mission to stop some kind of fuzz from spreading, which also meant he focused on exterminating it. But he soon found out that this fuzzy ooze can make Octolings helpless, so upon hearing that Salmonids can just digest it with no negative side effect, he enlisted the help of a Steelhead who wasn't actually hostile towards Inklings or Octolings. When I just arrived, the Steelhead actually stopped some guy with a hairstyle that girls typically use from punching me. Then I was pointed to the apartment in which Shark was staying during the mission.

Anyways, I joined Shark on this mission so that I could make it possible for him to return to Inkopolis sooner. I was a scout in this mission, tasked with locating all of the fuzzy oozes and then reporting my findings. During the mission, I started to get homesick, but I pressed on anyways. Kelp's visit 2 or so weeks later helped me combat homesickness a lot easier. And about the fuzzy oozes? It seems like someone else was also getting rid of it in a dome we visited. So we had Steelhead digest all of the leftover fuzzy oozes, both inside and outside of what looks like an abandoned space station belonging to something a lot bigger. Now bear with me on this claim, because I'm just guessing that this space station once belonged to the now-extinct humans. Regardless of whether that's true or not, what matters is that the fuzzy ooze is gone from the world, as if it never existed in the first place.

Amyways, the train is arriving in Inkopolis, I'm going to head home before visiting Inkopolis Plaza for myself this afternoon. See you guys next blog!

Cephalobro

Coral here again!

It's nice to be back in Inkopolis, Splatsville is fine, but I'm glad to be home. What I was surprised about is that Salmonids began invading again, this time at Inkblot Academy! I tried to persuade Kelp to join me on fighting the Salmonids back to their home turf (or should it be surf?), she off course said no, but the fight against them was so successful in fact that no army was needed to be brought in to put an end to the invasion.

The fact that Salmonids invaded Inkopolis again does worry me if the Octarian army will need to intervene. This brings me to another point, I have seen a lot people being very nice to Clam lately, which is great. I understand his struggle of being an Octotrooper living on the surface, I'm an Octoling of course, but both of us are Octarians. I'm glad that the whole thing of "Spy on the Octarians" is finally going away, Clam was getting sick of being watched by officials every week.

Either way, things are looking up and I'm very happy about it.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Oh no, this is really bad!

Okay, so I was doing Turf Wars the other day, only to find out that my Octo Shot is nowhere to be seen! I know I haven't taken it out of my house, in fact, I actually remember forgetting it at home. So when I asked Clam about it, he said that he didn't know. Now I have to be on a quest to find it. That Octo Shot is not just any Octo Shot, but it's also a family heirloom. Maybe I dropped it at one of the Turf War locations? I will have to play Turf Wars using other weapons for the time being.

Just when I thought things were getting better, now that happens, always something right? I'm a guy who also has a girlfriend to give attention to, so now I have to balance my investigation while also being able to spend time with Kelp on this quest to find my family heirloom.

I'm in such a bad mood right now, so see you all later because I don't feel like typing anything else.

Cephalobro

Hey, so sorry for worrying you. I know I went missing, but now I'm back.

I haven't found my Octo Shot yet, but I will have some help from the people I know. First I should mention is Clam, he always seems to have a plan when something always goes horribly wrong for us. Ocean is another notable one I should mention (sorry I haven't mentioned her at all before, but she's an Octobomber who is actually a friend of mine) who really prevents me from ever giving up. And finally, Kelp who is always supportive of me, even though I worried her, she never hesitates to show that she loves me.

So I asked Clam where should the search for my Octo Shot begin, and he pointed out that the search should actually start in a dangerous place first. Now for the purpose of your safety, I will not mention any such places. And please don't go looking for those places either, because there will be at least someone who will notice your likely absence.

Anyways, I'm ready to begin my search, with Kelp right beside me to help in any way she can, see you guys later!

Cephalobro

Great news everyone, my Octo Shot was found!

Kelp's uncle, whose name is Anemone has found my family's heirloom: the Octo Shot that was originally owned by my dad. I couldn't be happier!

However, there was a catch, Kelp's uncle made us camp with him. So we went to Camp Triggerfish, farther away from where Turf War matches used to take place. By the way, I actually battled in Camp Triggerfish many times before they found used-up Splat Bomb shells in the water. So I guess this is why for the time being, any sort of ink battles are banned here. It reminds me that only now was Hammerhead Bridge open for ink battles again after being banned once before I lived in Inkopolis.

All in all, I'm glad to have my Octo Shot back, I'll see you after I return from camping!

Cephalobro

Back from camp, so here's another blog!

It's good to be home now that I got my Octo Shot back. But what I didn't realize was that Brother's Day is almost here, so I'll have to remember to hang out with Clam.

Speaking of which, I saw some people (not Octolings) question why I have an Octotrooper as a brother. And to that I said, "Because we had the same biological father, simple as that."

So yeah, it doesn't matter whether my brother is an Octotrooper or not, anyone who starts trouble with him will be dealt with double by us. While things have started to look up for Octarians, there will be those people who will want to be bullies to them, but Octolings like me have the commitment to stand up for and defend the Octarians, especially those who are family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom