• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

CoroCoro is producing an animated Web Series!

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Wow, this is quite a shock. It worked well for Star Fox, and Nintendo's been expressing interest in more animated content, so it was inevitable. Launches Auguest 12th, so it's clearly for marketing Splatoon 2, and has most likely been in production for quite a while to launching so quickly. I'm really looking forward to it. Shorts based off the characters from the comics AND hand-drawn animation? Sounds good to me!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
*Splutters out his drink*

How did I miss this...?! I usualy have my eyes peeled and ear to the ground as far as anything CoroCoro Splatoon related goes...!

Well pardon me now while the fanboy in me internally yells....

On a side note...I wonder if these will be actual long eps, or more short, condensed things? I guess we will see. Nevermind, you clearly said shorts. Oops.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I was really sick, so I couldn't comment on the recent news. Thankfully today I can give a better brief upon this since it is exciting news, and not just a misread.

This was retweeted by him of course:

Could've sworn though the other day he was referencing some projects and four animation shorts towards this all individually within the tweet itself. So if I am correct, we will be getting four shorts relating to the コロコロSplatoon. If it succeeds, in my theory, they will up the production to make a full fledged series. ((Which will lengthen the stories, yes!))

Now we need plushies of the S4 and others, and I'd be happy, okay?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Could've sworn though the other day he was referencing some projects and four animation shorts towards this all individually within the tweet itself.
I swear I seen that tweet of his too...but I cant find it for the life of me.

Four sounds good and solid, if its true. But I wonder the length of them, still. I also wonder if they will be fully original content or heavily based upon particular chapters...I'm hoping for fresh original content myself honestly.

Now we need plushies of the S4 and others, and I'd be happy, okay?
But there's some shirts at least...and that 3DS/Switch game case...

Were getting ahead of ourselves yet. Too soon?

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Five minutes is usually a length of a short, which you know already. If they greenlight a series, they may do the same formula and have two stories formulate in a half hour. I have no idea if the comic artist is going to have any sort of control over his creation, most likely won't since a lot of manga artist just come up and give tips. (Zatch Bell is a good example of how much they butchered his work despite the advice given, and the Megaman NT Warriors series avoided everything that made the manga good as well.)

So hopefully they don't run into that, but won't likely be if they don't decide to stir too far away from his humor or art style. I know it is going to probably have rigid animation quality since it is an anime, and it is a style that Japanese normally pitch in, so that isn't so bad, just how well it is put off.

(If you don't get what I mean by rigid, it just means in animation terms where the animation has a few frames per second. In Japan, especially back in the 80s, and 50s such as Transformers and so forth, the example of rigid animation could be seen throughout the show. It just became a style later that everyone became so familiar with. So don't mistaken that I am bashing, I am just being technical with my knowledge here. I hate explaining that, but I know some people attempt to take things personally when I describe things.)

Also I hope it has Japanese subtitles, that would be great for translating.

(And ignore the tweet I posted, I can't seem to find the actual post where he is speaking about the anime in August. Maybe removed it because he unveiled too much information.)

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Oooh, I seriously can't wait to watch this! ♥
It's gonna be so interesting to watch. I'll be expecting it to sorta play how Hetalia played out with short episodes and nothing really correlating much. Or for it to just follow the story in the comic! Either way, I can't wait to see Bobble-chan, Glasses-kun, RIDER and Goggle-kun! Don't think I won't be excited for the other characters either. I wonder how Mask is gonna sound like. I instantly think of a Roadhog voice, honestly.

Either way, I'm so glad they'll be able to make this happen. I can only feel grateful for this.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Alright, so I hate to bump a thread but...

This looks less like it will be full animation, and more as if it will be animated stills of frames from the manga, per say.

I say this because the image shown as part of a video in the picture here is literally straight from a page of the manga:

LIBNVZ0.png

So it looks to be just a colored voiced over version of pre-existing chapters of the manga. That's about it. Makes me think of the way this recent fan dub animated panels from the manga and put their own voice over in.

So yeah, not much else to say. It's coming out soon though...so let's keep an eye out.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I'm pretty dang excited for this series! Just 8 more days! I'm waiting for you translators! Although I am excited, I do have some questions. How long are they gonna be? And Is this gonna be based on the Manga?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm pretty dang excited for this series! Just 8 more days! I'm waiting for you translators! Although I am excited, I do have some questions. How long are they gonna be? And Is this gonna be based on the Manga?
They look to be based on existing chapters of the manga. What was shown here was from the first chapter (Riders Yellow Green Team VS Blue Team). I'm not sure the length though...that much hasn't been revealed yet. But I wouldn't expect it to be too long. Literally short episodic things- so maybe a few minutes long each.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
They look to be based on existing chapters of the manga. What was shown here was from the first chapter (Riders Yellow Green Team VS Blue Team). I'm not sure the length though...that much hasn't been revealed yet. But I wouldn't expect it to be too long. Literally short episodic things- so maybe a few minutes long each.
Yea. Thanks for the info about it being based on the Manga.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Really looking forward to this. I enjoyed the Manga and have been pretty hyped since this was announced.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Got some updates here regarding the anime. First, the time and air date:

"8/12 12:00 from the comic anime "Splatoon" # 1 large public the rider in Colo channel! The Blue Team moves and talks as it is! Today we will present the performers big!"

And here are the voice actors!
"Goggle-kun & Knit cap is Ms. Komatsu Umeko! Eyeglasses is Haruka Shiraishi! Headphone is Mr. Rena Kondo! Mr. Yoshikawa Konosuke is the rider! We are playing a lot of additional duties! looking forward to~! !"

Interesting stuff. The anime is set to air soon... get hype!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
The anime is finally released!

However, it seems it may be region locked on Youtube...thankfully though someone has uploaded it to an alternative source, provided in a link here:

Enjoy!

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
The anime is finally released!

However, it seems it may be region locked on Youtube...thankfully though someone has uploaded it to an alternative source, provided in a link here:

Enjoy!
Ah so you were right about it being like uhh... not animation. Just you know, the manga but with color and voice acting with sound effects and music. It does have a bit of animation. I'll have to watch this a few times to make my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom