• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Could The Sanitized Octarians Be Saved?

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
SPOILERS FOR OCTO EXPANSION

The problem with “saving” Sanitized Octarians is that The sanitisation process seems to be physical rather than mental.

What I mean by that is that they aren’t just under the powers of hypnosis like Callie was in the base story mode, but seem to be fully altered using biological processes. We can see these poor Octarians going through the process in one of the stages leading to agent 8 escaping after surviving nearly being blended by Tartar.

So I guess that it all comes down to whether it is possible to reverse the processes of sanitization that were performed upon the kidnapped and inprisoned Octarians by the Kamabo corporation so that they could be used in the test facilities to put test subjects “to the test” I guess. It would seem that it is much harder to do this (if not, as previously said, impossible) than just sniping the ‘shades off Callie like a boss and then waiting a few minutes before they recover all of their memories and personality...

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I'm confused - weren't the octarians in the OE computers for Agent 8's test???

Cephalobro

Sanitized Octarians were either infected by some aqua green substance or are created by it, maybe even a combination of both. Tentacle based ones tend to disappear in a glitch-like fashion after being splatted, meaning they are not naturally cut tentacles, as for the Octolings, they were Sanitized the same way Agent 3 got slightly Sanitized near the surface. So either way, I theorize that the aqua green substance are actually cells from the blended test subjects that are somehow kept alive, which could be how Tartar is able to create the tentacle Octarians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom