• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Create a Weapon Contest!

Would you like to see more CaW Contests in the Future?

• YES

• Nah

• Maybe if it were advertised better...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Hello, y'all, and welcome to the first monthly CaW contest! Create a weapon for Splatoon 2, submit your entry, and earn a chance to win bragging rights!

DEADLINE: 30th April 12:00 AM 2018

Just post in thread saying you would like to enter. If I see you saying you'll enter, I'll put you on the list. I will take a maximum of 10 slots, so sign up quikly!

Once you see your name on the list of competitors, you can post your entry whenever you like before the deadline

The weapons you submit will be judged by the following with a perfect score being 50:
1. Creativity/Originality
Don't just slap Nouveau on your weapon. We want uniqueness!
up to 30 points

2. Believability/Playability
Think of your weapon being in Splatoon 2. "Would this be immediately nerfed?" and "Would it be buffed enough" are thing to think about when making your weapon.
up to 20 points

General Rules

• If you edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points. When you submit, make sure you’re done!

• Participants who fail to submit a card by the deadline, if the portion is full, will automatically lose 2 points for next round (similar to losing 2 points for the current round for editing). If the portion you have signed-up for is full and if you wish to drop out, you must do so by the 30th of April at 12 AM to not incur the penalty. Continuing to fail to post a submission in future rounds will result in a possible ban from the contest for a couple of months. Please keep a close eye on the deadline.
Competitors:
1. Yin_
2. Tylow
3. Chewwiii

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
87 hours left by the time of this post!

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Introducing the

Inkana!

The inkana is a short blade hidden in a sheath strapped to the side of the wearer. When there attack button is tapped, the sword is quickly drawn and slices through the air once. If it is tapped multiple times in rapid succession, the user slices the air multiple times then does a swirl attack before a momentary cool down. It would be a 3 shot kill.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
Chewwiii’s

The Candink Wrapper

This weapon has the appearance of a solid colored, foil, bow type candy wrapper. That wrapper is connected to cords that are attached to the user’s Ink Tank. Said solid colors change depending on what ink the user is required to use.

In order to ink an area, user must repeatedly tug the “ears”, causing an explosion of ink to fly and creating a thick ring around said user [[Players of said weapon hold down the fire button to ink repeatedly]].
Ring is has the similar shaped of a doughnut. Two circles make it up. The inside circle (where the user stands) is one foot long. The thickness of the ring is 4 feet (this measurement is based off of an Inkling or Octoling taking three steps forward with no speed adjustments). Anyone within this ring is instantaneous killed. Stray ink cover a measurement of 6 inches outside the ring.

In order to attack a person, you’d literally have to be just like an Ink-Mine or a clever Roller (otherwise known as “Sharks”). Position yourself, hide, watch, and wait.
The preferred type of play style would be to buddy up with either a Shooter or a Bucket. Atleast someone that’ll ink turf for you to hide in.

At the start of it’s release it would need to be nerfed just a bit, as other Turfies would realize the explosion was way too strong; still causing people out of it’s radius to be insta-killed or unnecessarily super close to being. (meaning people within 5 feet would still be insta-killed or hurt by stray ink). After the nerf, it’s stray ink explosion problem would be fixed.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I put it all together like last second xD my brain is like super dry now.
i’m like so sure you’ll win. The Inkana sounds dope and I’d totally play it if it were real. And I’d totally suck at it. Lol
Lol but you actually put time into yours. I took one of my premade weapons from a OC (shade) and slapped it here. But thanks anyway. :D

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
@Yin_, your inkana was interesting. Seemingly inspired by the Inkbrush, it sounds fun to play, but lacked a few things.

Although it was a sword, it leaned strongly toward being an Inkbrush. It seemed a tiny bit dark for Splatoon, or Nintendo in general.
22 Points

Overall believable . Sounds fun to wield, and hard to master.
18 Points

@Chewwiii, your Candink Wrapper was unique and very, if I may, Splatoon-ey.

I found this to be very unique as a main weapon or even a new weapon class.
27 Points

Very believable maybe as a weapon coming out with Wahoo World. Although, it does sound boring and un - playable.
11 Points

And that means Yin_ wins this round! Thanks for entering and I hope to see what you guys dream up in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom