• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Critique my NZAP 85 build

Suke

Inkling
Like the thread title says please critique my nzap 85 build. I believe a lot of this game is what you prefer and feel comfortable playing so I’m not looking for whole sale changes. Rather litttle tweaks that I can make to get the most out of my preferred build style. Currently I sit in or around rank s is most game modes.

Main abilities : comeback, special charge up, run speed

Sub abilities : 3 swim speed up, 2 run speed up, 2 special charge up, 1 ink recovery up and 1 ink saver sub.

I love the mobility the run and swim gives me and I also like to pump out ink armor. However I’m unsure if I should keep the 1 ink recovery and 1 ink saver or if I should trade them out for more of what I already have. Also I’ve thought about maybe switching them out for 2 special savers. Interested to know what you guys think as I try and optimize this build

outoftone

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1956-1157-3698
just play what you wanna play if you wanna play swim speed on nzap you can do so wear what makes you comfortable

Weavile

Inkster Jr.
I'd trade the 1 sub of sub saver and ink recovery for Bomb Defense and Quick Super jump. One sub of bomb defense with armor prevents an indirect from bomb from breaking your armor and an inkjet would need 3 near miss shot to kill you at full health. Quick super jump would help you jump back to spawn where your time to go in the air is actually cut in a meaningful way.

bogusflint

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3524-1992-7991
I'm looking at the gearset myself, and I'm saying "where's the cold-blooded". Since you'll be detected by point sesnor spammers and ink mine weapons extremely long. As a lot of E-Liter players rely on mines to get kills, you can sneak up on them much easier. And having cold blooded makes you a lot less predictable, since nobody else wears it. A really underrated abillity.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
Cold-blooded doesn't... just negate the tracker. You can have a main of the thing and you're still going to be tracked for six seconds. It's a terrible ability without an Echolocator-heavy meta.

Bomb Defense, Quick Super Jump.

Phantom808

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Phantom808
Switch Friend Code
SW-0079-4659-0012
I'm looking at the gearset myself, and I'm saying "where's the cold-blooded". Since you'll be detected by point sesnor spammers and ink mine weapons extremely long. As a lot of E-Liter players rely on mines to get kills, you can sneak up on them much easier. And having cold blooded makes you a lot less predictable, since nobody else wears it. A really underrated abillity.
As an e liter main, I wouldn’t say that we rely on mines to get kills. We rely on mines to stop flankers. An ink mine is very unlikely to help you snipe someone. And besides, the damage from the ink mine is much more valuable than the tracking time, since it allows you to kill in 2 tap shots. Bomb defense would be much more useful.

outoftone

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1956-1157-3698
I'm looking at the gearset myself, and I'm saying "where's the cold-blooded". Since you'll be detected by point sesnor spammers and ink mine weapons extremely long. As a lot of E-Liter players rely on mines to get kills, you can sneak up on them much easier. And having cold blooded makes you a lot less predictable, since nobody else wears it. A really underrated abillity.[/Q
the only competitive weapon rn with point sensor is sloshing machine neo which is only good in zones (in my opinion) and point sensor reduces your ink tank very badly you can easily get punished if you do not dip in the ink

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I agree, bogusflint. People here severely underrate coldblooded, and i use it as a staple in all my gear sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom