• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Critique these splatling builds

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Seeing how these threads keep popping up recently, I think it's time to revive this old thread:
https://squidboards.com/threads/critique-my-gear.31904/

The builds look p. fine for me, but I'd probably tone down the run speed on Ballpoint, since it has already pretty fast movement for a splatling. Maybe change the headgear main to Comeback or a similar ability, or Special Charge up to get more Inkjets out. Just an idea tho.

For decent feedback check the post after me lol.

Last edited:

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I actually think the ballpoint build you should switch the special power up main to a run speed up main. You wanna stack run speed on this thing, and given the fact that there’s like no run speed penalty, you wanna take advantage of that and be a speeding bullet. The rationale for not using special power is bc you should only need the extra time or increased 30 damage radius if you can’t aim with it. Practice your inkjet aim and be a good shot and there’s no need for it.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Honestly it depends how you're planning on using these weapons. In general though, longer range splatlings want to be holding down an area and not letting go. I feel like you shouldn't need ink resistance on the Heavy/Deco; given its range, it can stay out of most situations that'd warrant its use. With the Heavies you'll also be anchoring your team to a point, so if you value getting your specials you can make use of your teammates' respawn time with Tenacity. I always value having at least one main of Swim Speed on most weapons, if nothing else to reposition/retreat more fluidly, plus if you plan on using the Hydra (like I seem to be these days), Swim Speed will help you jump a few gaps that'd be sticky otherwise. I tend to run a main of Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery, but these are more subjective; I enjoy them because it'll let me keep up the pressure without having to let up too long. Lastly for any long range splatling, you'll be constantly harassed by Tenta Missiles, Stingray, and Autobombs - Bomb Defence will be a great asset here. You shouldn't need Special Power up on the Vanilla. On the Deco however, my go-to for Bubble Blower is a main of Special Charge and 2x mains of Special Power Up.

For the Ballpoint I'm a little more hesitant to give my input; I'm honestly so garbage with the Inkjet that it's borderline comical. In general though, the Ballpoint has the highest charging movement speed of any splatling at 96%. Interestingly enough, it doesn't lose mobility while charging whereas other splatlings gradually lose mobility between the start of a charge and 1 ring. The others are right in that you'd want to capitalise on the mobility, but 3 mains may be unnecessary. I might suggest replacing one main with Swim Speed instead, because this weapon can fare well in CQC and you'll want to be able to juke when pressured. I'd replace the Ink Resistance with Comeback, as well. Overall my setup would be 2 mains of run, 1 main of swim, comeback, probably special charge because Inkjet is heralded as a good special, and the last "main" slot is up for grabs. Potentially special saver, because you'll be dying more with this weapon than other splatlings, or Drop Roller to make your Inkjet landings safer (though you'd want to launch somewhere safe anyway). Object Shredder would prove useful in Rainmaker, because the 20 bullet/s firing mode shreds through the shield. If you plan on using the Ballpoint Nouveau, the kit is speculated to be Beakons and Splashdown. If this is the case, I'd recommend a main of QSJ and another main of Sub Power, just to get you and your team back in action faster. The 2 mains of run and one main of swim stay in the set, and I would add Comeback to that, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom