• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Custom Blaster Tips

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I've been playing the Custom Blaster a lot. I'm getting very good at getting directs and aiming in general as well as technical moves like hopping and stuff. I just don't know where I should be during a match, how to use my Autobombs, and I need Inkjet help.

Starry Day

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4634-9117-7313
Hey Enperry,

I'm not the greatest of Inkjet users, so I don't know if I can help you with that part :)

As for where you should be during a match, Custom Blasters tend to do well slaying, but also at the focal point of a battle. Since you already mentioned that you are proficient in aiming and directing, as well as tactics, this shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. The best part of this strategy, for me anyway, is that once you've established yourself as a central player, you can disappear and flank, while the opponents are busy looking for you where you have been the last few minutes. This can create new holes in their defense that your team (and the objective) can push through. Just be careful of weapons who outrange you; you may want to implement those technical tactics in that case.

It is sad to say, but Autobombs are no longer the most interesting sub weapon in the game (I'll let you guess what that one is ;)). They're generally used for tracking purposes, but also for keeping opponents on the move. Throwing one in a direction an opponent is likely to be is often more beneficial than if you hadn't thrown one at all, so don't use them sparingly.

I hope this helped, at least a little! If you want any clarifications, don't hesitate to let me know :)!
Starry Day

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I would start off by saying that literally the only use for the autobomb is to throw to an area to check for sharks. This way there's some more safety when venturing into those new areas on the front line. As for inkjet, just farm it in the training area and practice directing the moving dummies as well as just using it more online. But yeah it's your job to rack up those kills essentially, but don't be stupid about it. Some situations (like being locked out) require patience and specials, while other moments require you to blast through the entire team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom