• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Custom ink colours hacked into Splatoon

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone

NWPlayer12, the same person who datamined Splatoon a few days ago to find all the upcoming weapons, has used their new-found ability to add and remove files from the game to swap in some custom ink colours. Check it out!

(This means all you lunatics who were asking for black and white ink finally get to see how dumb it looks, lol.)

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
It doesn't look dumb at all. It actually looks pretty neat. You're just racist against colours, you colourist :oops:

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
This is genius. If only there was a feature to add in custom color palettes that only you see, while every else sees only default colors unless they configure their own customs.

It'd be awesome if the Octarians also changed the purples on their bodies to match the new color.

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
i really like the looks of it. honestly i kinda wish splatoon let you pick your own colors rather than giving you a random one each time you play in a match. i thought it let you choose your own color when i first got the game, so i was kinda disappointed when i found out it was all random lol

Technocrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Technocrow
If it's so easily modable into the game it makes me wonder why they didn't put this in. Maybe they just didn't want whites vs blacks.

MysticDarkz

Full Squid
i really like the looks of it. honestly i kinda wish splatoon let you pick your own colors rather than giving you a random one each time you play in a match. i thought it let you choose your own color when i first got the game, so i was kinda disappointed when i found out it was all random lol
would be cool tbh

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
That's awesome and the black ink is quite badass to look at though I now understand why the red color wasn't in the game .-.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I don't like it at all. Game looks better in color.

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
That's awesome and the black ink is quite badass to look at though I now understand why the red color wasn't in the game .-.
speaking of red ink, how come it isn't in there? cause i've actually been wondering that quite a bit. is it because it would bear a resemblance to blood?

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
speaking of red ink, how come it isn't in there? cause i've actually been wondering that quite a bit. is it because it would bear a resemblance to blood?
from what i've heard probably

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I think the default color is white anyway given from what the weapons look like in the shop before you buy them. So if he removed the files that had the data for certain colors, you get white!

BTW, @Zoot where is your avatar from? I've seen it before but never knew what game it was.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can easily see why black ink isn't used because it is a bit hard to see.

But this is really cool, and I want to see more colors!

Looking at the video description, the hacker used Html values for the colors.

In that case, I want to see Chocolate (#D2691E) and Snow (#FFFAFA).

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I think the default color is white anyway given from what the weapons look like in the shop before you buy them. So if he removed the files that had the data for certain colors, you get white!

BTW, @Zoot where is your avatar from? I've seen it before but never knew what game it was.
Mighty Switch Force

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Surprisingly, the white and black ink looks beautiful. I wish they had this color officially online.
I think the main issue is the visibility. In the shadows it may be difficult to distinguish the black ink.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
To clarify the black and white thing, I think it looks alright on the particular level here because it's space-themed and the normal ink colours on that level are pretty similar, but I imagined it on any of the multiplayer stages and I'm convinced it would look totally gross and wouldn't sit well at all with the other colour pairs.
Yep, it's the 3DS version of Mighty Switch Force. Stop in the name of the law!

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
I think the main issue is the visibility. In the shadows it may be difficult to distinguish the black ink.
Yeah, I can see why. The black ink can be pretty hard to see at times. Also, when the black ink had light reflected on it, it was very easy to see. Since that happens, they should have black ink changed to this:
http://www.color-hex.com/color/14332f
That was the exact color the black ink had when light was reflected on it, which coincidentally made it look like crude oil, which is pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom