• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Custom Range Blaster

gamer with feet

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1836-6711-7892
i've been recently trying to pick up this weapon and i've been having trouble with what abilities i should use. any recommendations?

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Nice, this weapon is pretty underused (I think I'm probably the only one on this cite who uses it regularly)

But this weapon is very gear dependent. As there's a lot to juggle. There's your ink management, swim speed / mobility / bubble size / quick respawn.

But some abilities you should focus on are swim speed, special power up, and the ink savers.

It's pretty hard to gear build for this weapon, as it needs a lot to function. It needs some special power up for big bubbles, swim speed for better 1v1s, main saver for extra shots, and ink recovery / sub saver so your curling bombs aren't eating your whole tank.

So, I'll just put my gear build here
upload_2018-6-13_15-46-51.png

So, for starters, I have comeback with some swim speed. Swim Speed is for winning more gunfights and strafing just a bit easier. Comeback is useful since it gives me swim speed, ink recovery, main and sub saver, and special charge upon respawning. Which is useful since I don't have many slots to work with.

Special power up is for big bubbles, nothing else. The 1 main and 2 subs of main saver give me 11 shots instead of the usual 9 shots. And the rest I put to ink recovery.

Do you have to use this set? No. My set isn't perfect, but I like this set since it compliments my playstyle with the weapon. So, try experimenting and see what you like.

I hope this helped.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I have been using Custom Range Blaster myself, and I can share my set.
De_PHL5VQAAm8Vl.jpg

Mine is similar to Guy's, but with a couple of differences.

Admittedly most people recommend 2 subs of quick super jump as opposed to 3, but I just think 3 looks much neater. The qsj is for escaping the sticky situations that Range Blasters often find themselves.

Comeback is just too good not to use. You'll also find yourself in situations where you have to make a big risk and go for a close direct, and comeback makes a failed direct somewhat rewarding. You can also build up bubbles decently fast after dying if there's a situation where you might need them.

The ink saver sub and ink recovery hybrid is so I can throw more curling bombs. More curling bombs means I am more mobile. I also just love curling bombs to death.

Swim speed is just a good ability to have. I have a main of it because uhh....those boots happened to have it and they look so good with that set <3.

Then there's special power up. A pure is often better, but I wanted to leave space for other things. 3 subs of special power up is often enough to cover you or your teammates with a bubble.

These are just my preferences. If you like these ideas, then try 'em out, but if there's other things you want in your set, then go with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom