• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Custom Splattershot Jr. Gearset Help

Ezno

Inkling
So im finally decent in turf war since im learning the custom splattershot jr. but I have no idea what to do for gear. Could someobe help?

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
It's a simple weapon that doesn't consume a lot of ink....so you can pretty much run whatever you like on it. Whenever I use it, I use Special Power up to increase the radius and length of the ink cloud. Sub saver to spam autobombs. A lot of Special saver to have an ink cloud ready to go if I get splatted. Swim speed is always good to have for any weapon. I generally don't use it for ranked except for Splat Zones sometimes. I have pretty good results with it most of the time. It's hilarious when my KA is the highest on the team.....a custom Jr "slaying" in Rank X. Crazy...but it also is an indicator to what kind of teammates I have. *sigh* The autobomb/ink cloud spam is good against chargers and hydras that like to perch up high and pick people off.....it locks them put of the zone and throws them out of position . I know it annoys the hell out of them like a gnat .....but it's a custom Jr. What else can you really do against long range weapons.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Most people tend to use a pure of Ink Saver Sub and Ink Recovery Up to spam autobombs since it has a 110% tank now. Swim Speed Up is also universally good.

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
I actually “main” the CSJ in sompetitive play often so I could lend a little insight..

Personally I like to play to the strengths the weapon already has; it is very fast already, so add swim and run speed to taste. The weapon also builds special relatively quickly, so I don’t mind some Special Charge Up to expedite that either. The larger tank on the CSJ means a good couple of autobombs out of one tank...with Sub Saver or Sub Power Up, you have even more options to use these bombs in tandem with your main weapon. If you play a lot of turf war, Quick Respawn and Special Saver might be more your jam, keeping you alive and painting.

Important to note, the Custom Splattershot Jr. is actually a support weapon more often than not. It seems intuitive to paint the town and then slide up for point-blank kills, but the CSJ is often outmatched without the benefit of a flank. Instead, the CSJ shines when there is paint on the ground to surf around the map in, allowing slayers to push up knowing there is an autobomb/rain factory on their tails if things get hairy.

Concerning gear, a loadout that allows you to be mobile and continue to paint will prove to be beneficial. Here’s a link to a loadout that has worked very well for me: https://loadout.ink/#000112298a2fd591640212dce
One suggestion that I might make is to replace the Quick Super Jump with Quick Respawn, as my build is kinda specific for the modes I play CSJ in.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom