• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Custom" Weapons

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I thought about the Custom weapons for a bit. It made me realize that from our perspectives, they're not custom at all! Then I thought about what I would do to these weapons if they were custom.

If you could give a weapon a sub and special, what would it be? I'm not suggesting they actually do this. I'm sure players would come up with some crazy broken combos.

Some I can think of:

Dapple Dualies with Burst Bombs and Ink Armor. I think this would make the Dapple Dualies very deadly. Further increase their close-combat abilities.

E-Liter with Autobombs and Tenta Missiles. The theme of this set is "nothing can hide from me!".

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would like to see ink armor with the slosher.

If I could custom weapons it would be more on the appearance side. A blacked out mini splatling with the ability to add a few brand logo stickers would be pretty slick I think.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Normally i'd be against this idea in S1 (good reason why no weapon had disruptor + kraken), but by Splatoon 2 i think this is a lot more reasonable to allow people to customize their own sub + specials in this game. Specials are no longer as predominant as their S1 counterparts, plus there are a few weapons here that get hampered by bad sets (E4K and Tenta Brella) that no patches can fix.

There could be a few restrictions on it to not allow certain combinations or each weapon has a unique limited pool of sub/specials to pick from (example: Tenta Brella can only pick Sprinkers/Beakons/Bursts and Bubble Blower/Stingray/Suction Rush, it can pick them in any combination but it can't pick anything that's not listed here). It'd be a bit more interesting than the two varieties we get with each game.

Jon914

Pro Squid
I'd like a Splattershot with Splat Bombs but a different special besides Inkjet.

Gweebis

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6064-9756-4798
I could use more weapons with the curling bomb splashdown combo - it works so well together. An N-ZAP with that combo would possibly be too much to handle with its most recent buffs. I'd love to give the sloshing machine the custom jet squelcher treatment - burst bombs would really help it out in close combat scenarios. What would probably warrant a nerf would be splattershot pro with burst bombs and one of the bomb rushes (curling would prolly be best) - you'd be smoothing out its downsides of lackluster close combat and turf coverage and give it a low ink sub for an already ink hungry gun.

If you could customize your weapon sets, however, there'd be no reason to release duplicate weapons, so I doubt Nintendo would ever actually do it.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Some ideas I was messing around with while waiting for the (mostly disappointing) alt versions:

E-Liter PTSD-edition:
Burst Bombs + Tenta Missiles

E-Liter Custom, how it should've been:
Beakon + Splashdown, or Ink Armor, or... literally anything but Bubble Blower :D

Dynamo, Troll-Edition:
Sprinkler + Tenta Missiles

Bamboozler MK FU:
Autobombs + Suction Bomb Rush

Viability varies, but I'd certainly try these for funsies if I had the chance to do so. Obviously with balancing squissues that'll never happen, but who knows what Sheldon's picks will bring up in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom