• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Damage up vs Defense up calculations for .52 gal???

Kevin304

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin304
How much damage up does it take to counter defense up? For example, it would take 1 main of damage up to counter 1 defense up main for .52(I think) so I was wondering how much damage up does it take to counter 3 mains and 9 subs or 2 mains and 1 sub etc.I personally don't have enough my math skills to do this so I'm asking you math mathecmaticians.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
AFAIK, the buff is capped to a one-shot difference regardless of anything else. Someone who piles on def will only take one extra shot to kill than they normally would. If you pile on attack, you will need one shot less. This is all based on two inklings at full health standing on uninked ground trading shots. Someone who's already taken damage, standing in hostile ink, or both will take fewer shots to splat. With weapons like Gals, strength up and def up aren't particularly useful as you're going from 2-3 shots to 3-4 shots. It might be more helpful with something like the Bambi, where stacking strength may get you one shot kills instead of the usual two-shot and stacking def will counter it.

At least this is how it worked last time I checked in to it. The devs may have changed this with an update, so I may be wrong.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
There is already a thread about this, but here is the relevant info:

The Japanese have done some extensive testing of this subject with various weapons (including the Bamboozler's charged+uncharged combo and even some Burst Bomb combos).

Tables and graphs: http://wikiwiki.jp/splatoon2ch/?%A5%AE%A5%A2%A5%D1%A5%EF%A1%BC%B8%A1%BE%DA
Translation: http://pastebin.com/WrtAJza1

(Note that on the tables, each sub ability is valued at 3 points and each main ability is valued at 10 points. Thus, 1 main ability is actually worth slightly more than 3 sub abilities.)

Some notable thresholds for the .52 Gal:

1 sub of Damage Up beats 1 main of Defense Up.
1 main of Damage Up beats 1 main and 3 subs of Defense Up (but NOT 2 mains of Defense Up).
1 main and 3 subs of Damage Up beats 3 mains of Defense Up.
1 main and 5 subs of Damage up beats 3 mains and 3 subs of Defense Up.
2 mains and 3 subs of Damage Up beats 2 mains and 9 subs of Defense Up (the maximum possible while keeping Ink Resistance or Cold Blooded).
3 mains of Damage Up beats 3 mains and 6 subs of Defense Up.
2 mains and 4 subs of Damage Up beats any amount of Defense Up.

Also, if you're the sort who likes knowing what the "pros" are using, I can tell you that Yugo (a Japanese .52 Gal main on top-ranked competitive team Omohide) usually uses 1 main and 6 subs of Damage Up, which beats 3 mains and 5 subs of Defense Up.

LAX

Pro Squid
NNID
ninfanjohn
There is already a thread about this, but here is the relevant info:
btw, i have an urchins cap with pure bomb range if you want that, i also have a pure damage up but its navy striped ls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom