1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Datamining Shows Splatoon Beta Gear... in Mario Maker?

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by WispBae, Sep 14, 2015.

WispBae, Sep 14, 2015 at 2:02 AM
  1. WispBae

WispBae Pro Squid

NNID:
    The-Wispy
    [​IMG]
    Nintendo must be on the Messy side of the latest EU Splatfest, because new renders of Splatoon gear have appeared after some more data mining!

...in
    Super Mario Maker, of all places... Yeah, the game where everyone makes obscenely hard levels with pixel perfect jumps... more like Kaizo Mario Maker....

Popular Dataminer NWPlayer123, who brought us the very fresh info of all the currently unreleased weapons in another mining session, has been digging around the files of Super Mario Maker and found lots of gear that is rumored to have not passed the beta stage of Splatoon's dev cycle. Along with with the image of Nikki (from SwapNote) shown above, here is all that was found in the datamine:

[​IMG]

Considering NONE of this gear appears anywhere in Super Mario Maker, it is quite the interesting find! What do you think about all these renders? Lemme know in the comments!

Go give NWPlayer123 a follow on twitter! She's done a lot of hard work for us already, and this is a nice little cherry on top!

Wispy totally wants that sweet horned helmet to let out her inner demon on the squids of the world! ¡ɹǝʇʇᴉʍ┴ uo ɹǝɥ ʍolloɟ 'ʇxǝʇ sᴉɥʇ ǝʞᴉl ɟɟnʇs uoɯǝp ʎdǝǝɹɔ ǝɹoɯ ɹoℲ

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by WispBae, Sep 14, 2015.

1. RadioactiveMoth
      RadioactiveMoth
      Is this like the time they draged and dropped a South Park episode on a Tiger Woods game?
      OrenjiBoy135 likes this.
    2. DarkGold777
      DarkGold777
      Guess the Indian headdress was scrapped because of potential controversy.

Headphones WITH goggles? Anyone remembering Beat from Jet Set Radio?

Aww... Recolored weapons would've looked cool...

Gold football helmets and a purple helmet with horns? :eek: I swear I'm having flashbacks to NFL kid stuff... Maybe from games on their kid-friendly website before they revamped the NFL Rush Zone?
      Shuggi, Robogamer64, Lyn and 2 others like this.
    3. Belakitu
      Belakitu
      Those metal guns though :O
    4. ThatSquidYouKnow
      ThatSquidYouKnow
      Really interested in the multicolored guns and the last row, which seem to be new subs.
    5. redacteddd
      redacteddd
      The tennis ball and the wiffle ball thing are beta suction bomb and disruptor. The flag is also the beta Beakon.
    6. MissingNumbers
      MissingNumbers
      Aw, some of that gear looks really cool... ah well, at least they didn't make the gas mask even worse than it is in-game.
      Shuggi, RascalTC and Captain Norris like this.
    7. DeeWee UNub
      DeeWee UNub
      Well,this was an interesting find. The Indian Hat looks really cool,too bad it didn't get into the game.
    8. Livvie
      Livvie
      okay first of all what the hell second of all why super mario maker
    9. Flying_Tortoise
      Flying_Tortoise
      I know!! I was like omg I need this T.T I would've rocked that so hard.
    10. glassescat
      glassescat
      Aw man, I wish they kept the Jet Set Radio gear, that would have been awesome!
      Dish0ut likes this.
    11. Citrus
      Citrus
      That ink revolver tho
    12. Nightslash360
      Nightslash360
      God I wish that Sega would release another JSR. At least we have Hover:Revolt of gamers to pass the time...
    13. Captain Norris
      Captain Norris
      I believe because they use the same engine or something.
    14. MelonBread
      MelonBread
      Nah, I've heard they put some Splatoon content in the game, such as the amiibo support, sfx and such. My guess is that they lazily copypasted the needed and the leftover/junk Splatoon data all in one into the game, rather than finding the needed/important data and copypasting it over, probably not to accidentally break the code.

Also, rip in peace Swapnote ;_;7
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
      Shuggi likes this.
    15. Kirbyfan391
      Kirbyfan391
      Well that explains the Splatoon data, but why the hell is that Nikki pic there?!
    16. Lyn
      Lyn
      I hope they bring these back eventually..
    17. MissingNumbers
      MissingNumbers
      Well Nikki's in the game as a costume, too. I imagine it's for the same reason, but it's also possible that it's just a dev doodle.
      Shuggi and Kirbyfan391 like this.
    18. Shuriblur
      Shuriblur
      An ink revolver? Probably wasn't put into the game due to it looking too much like a real gun. It is interesting though, wonder if it's be like a blaster.
    19. ThatSquidYouKnow
      ThatSquidYouKnow
      I'm guessing the ink revolver is a beta rapid blaster, as they have a similar shape.
      Shuggi and Shuriblur like this.