• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Datamining Shows Splatoon Beta Gear... in Mario Maker?

Nintendo must be on the Messy side of the latest EU Splatfest, because new renders of Splatoon gear have appeared after some more data mining!

...in
Super Mario Maker, of all places... Yeah, the game where everyone makes obscenely hard levels with pixel perfect jumps... more like Kaizo Mario Maker....

Popular Dataminer NWPlayer123, who brought us the very fresh info of all the currently unreleased weapons in another mining session, has been digging around the files of Super Mario Maker and found lots of gear that is rumored to have not passed the beta stage of Splatoon's dev cycle. Along with with the image of Nikki (from SwapNote) shown above, here is all that was found in the datamine:

Considering NONE of this gear appears anywhere in Super Mario Maker, it is quite the interesting find! What do you think about all these renders? Lemme know in the comments!

Go give NWPlayer123 a follow on twitter! She's done a lot of hard work for us already, and this is a nice little cherry on top!

Wispy totally wants that sweet horned helmet to let out her inner demon on the squids of the world! ¡ɹǝʇʇᴉʍ┴ uo ɹǝɥ ʍolloɟ 'ʇxǝʇ sᴉɥʇ ǝʞᴉl ɟɟnʇs uoɯǝp ʎdǝǝɹɔ ǝɹoɯ ɹoℲ

Comments

Guess the Indian headdress was scrapped because of potential controversy.

Headphones WITH goggles? Anyone remembering Beat from Jet Set Radio?

Aww... Recolored weapons would've looked cool...

Gold football helmets and a purple helmet with horns? :o I swear I'm having flashbacks to NFL kid stuff... Maybe from games on their kid-friendly website before they revamped the NFL Rush Zone?

Guess the Indian headdress was scrapped because of potential controversy.

Headphones WITH goggles? Anyone remembering Beat from Jet Set Radio?

Aww... Recolored weapons would've looked cool...

Gold football helmets and a purple helmet with horns? :scared: I swear I'm having flashbacks to NFL kid stuff... Maybe from games on their kid-friendly website before they revamped the NFL Rush Zone?
God I wish that Sega would release another JSR. At least we have Hover:Revolt of gamers to pass the time...

I believe because they use the same engine or something.
Nah, I've heard they put some Splatoon content in the game, such as the amiibo support, sfx and such. My guess is that they lazily copypasted the needed and the leftover/junk Splatoon data all in one into the game, rather than finding the needed/important data and copypasting it over, probably not to accidentally break the code.

Also, rip in peace Swapnote ;_;7

Last edited:
Nah, I've heard they put some Splatoon content in the game, such as the amiibo support, sfx and such. My guess is that they lazily copypasted the needed and the leftover/junk Splatoon data all in one into the game, rather than finding the needed/important data and copypasting it over, probably not to accidentally break the code.

Also, rip in peace Swapnote ;_;7
Well that explains the Splatoon data, but why the hell is that Nikki pic there?!

An ink revolver? Probably wasn't put into the game due to it looking too much like a real gun. It is interesting though, wonder if it's be like a blaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom