• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Social [Dec 4, 2017] Splatoon 2 Pickup LAN (Cary, NC)

remmah

Inkster Jr.
Hi all,

East Coast Gaming in Cary, NC currently has a weekly Smash 4 event on Mondays. The TO for these events has set aside some space for us to start experimenting with Splatoon 2 LAN play!

For now, there won't be any official brackets or entry fees: we'll just test the LAN equipment and play some pickup games. We're running these informal events every 2 weeks, and attendance will help gauge interest for running tournaments in the future, so if you'd like to see a local Splatoon 2 LAN scene in the Triangle, be sure to show up!

When: October 23, 2017, 7:00 PM

Where: East Coast Gaming
218 Nottingham Dr
Cary, NC 27511

Discord: RDU Splatoon Network

I will bring all the LAN-related gear, including a router, enough ethernet switches and cables for two 4v4 setups (with spectators!), and enough power strips for one 4v4 setup (18 ports total). We will probably need a few more power strips to support a second 4v4 setup.

Please make sure to bring your own Switch, Dock, Power Adapter, LAN Adapter, controller, copy of Splatoon 2, and monitor.
I will have a few extra LAN adapters and HDMI cables on-hand in case anyone needs them. If you use a Pro Controller, we recommend using it with the USB-C cable in wired mode to reduce the chances of interference.

Sound fun? Reply here or on our discord server if you have any questions... hope to see you there!

Koopon

Roller/Blaster Main
Switch Friend Code
SW-6418-2499-7488
I want a report on how this goes. I'd like to try it on the west coast.

remmah

Inkster Jr.
We've had anywhere from 3 to 7 people show up at previous events. We're hoping that more consistent scheduling will increase turnout. Also, I've updated my LAN gear guide with new information based on our experiences.

Last edited:

remmah

Inkster Jr.
We had 7 people show up to the October 9 event. We mostly played 3v3 with the 7th person playing around with spectator mode.

We're doing these biweekly now, so I've updated the page with our next event on October 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom