• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Decided to join cuz Splatoon 2 Hype!

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
Hello, I'M Ibusama.
I'm an exchange student in Japan and let me say it, people are crazy about Splatoon here, it's contagious and I think I finally got the virus.

Story about how I got into Splatoon ensues...

I'm a Nintendo fan and I buy all of their systems, but I don't really like playing multiplayer games. (cuz I always get killed in seconds).

I knew about Splatoon 1 but I never bought it. After watching the announcement trailer for Splatoon 2 back in January. I thought I might as well buy Splatoon 1 and finish the single player mode so that I'm up to date for Splatoon 2 (this is me completely misunderstanding what Splatoon is really about).

So I bought Splatoon 1 and finished some of the hero mode stages, then I decided I should hop online just to test things out. I'm not gonna be serious about it anyway so what's the harm, I thought.

To this day, I haven't beaten hero mode yet. I just got sucked into multiplayer and I started watching videos online and checking message boards and eventually, I got to B- using splattershots.

Then I stumbled upon a youtube video on thatsrb2dude channel. It was a Splatoon tournament. I think it was called Don't Park on the Grass. There I watched an E-liter player called Specter. She was so awesome at sniping that I decided to change from splattershots to chargers.

So I went back to ranked and got annihilated using chargers on B-. I had to do something drastic. So I did the unthinkable. I smurfed up and created a new account, started using chargers from C-. It took a while but I got to A+.

long story short, I completely fell in love with the game.

So for Splatoon 2 I wanted to start playing right and have some friends to play with (I only played solo on Splatoon 1)

So I told all of my rl friends. turns out only a handful of them have Switches and none of the ones who have Switches wanted to buy the game.

So I thought to hell with it, I'm gonna find some friends online and that led me here.

I could have joined Squidboards earlier, as I knew of the website, but I realized I might be a bit older than most people here and the older you get the more resistant you are to making new friends. But Splatoon is just too good and it's really a shame that I play it alone.

With Salmon Run and League Battle coming up I really want the full experience in Splatoon 2 and I really hope that I can make friends here that enjoy the game with me and maybe if I get good enough, form a team and battle it out online.

Sorry for the long introduction. I tend to be very texty sometimes.

Thanks for reading to the end and let's enjoy the upcoming Splatoon 2 :D

Shmurple

Inkling
Hey Ibusma, I came onto squid boards to do the same thing, I wanted to get a group of people together for playing splatoon 2 when it comes out. Im happy to see others doing the same and would love to be a partner, but more importantly a friend of yours, please reply with a way for me to contact if you want to hook up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom