• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Definitive TTK Rankings & Data For All Weapons

Trifroze

Inkling
NNID
Trifroze
What is TTK
TTK is a shooter term that means "time to kill", referring to the amount of time it takes to kill your opponent. Each weapon has different damage output and fire rate as well as varying accuracy which affect this value. Accuracy comes into play more and more the further away you are from the opponent, and the slower your fire rate the more costly missed shots will be. This topic covers the TTK of all weapons right next to the opponent and at the weapon's respective max range as well as info on how much time each missed shot costs and how likely you are to miss with each weapon based on their accuracy. The values are in frames which are "pictures" that the game consists of. The game runs at 60 frames per second so one frame equals roughly 16.667 seconds. The test was done on a training dummy representing another character and the frames were checked by using a 60 fps capture card and counting the frames from the first frame of shooting with a weapon to the frame that the killing shot connects with the dummy.

How distance affects TTK
Splatter ink seems to initially travel at a consistent speed, however it starts to decelerate towards the end of its arc. This deceleration window seems to be universal for weapons of all ranges instead of being relative to the range of the weapon, and this means that long range weapons at their max range gain almost no extra time from the longer distance compared to short range weapons at their max range. Chargers don't seem to experience any deceleration and their initial ink travel speed is presumably also faster, while Blaster shots travel the slowest at a consistent speed. Roller ink travels at a consistent speed which is somewhere between initial Splatter speed and Blaster speed.

How accuracy affects TTK
Ink starts to gradually spread on almost every Splatter weapon, and the cost of a missed shot depends on the fire rate of the weapon. Furthermore, even if you hit your opponent, even a slight deviation in your ink's arc can cause a difference of roughly one frame in your TTK. For example a shot that goes straight forward can take 4 frames to connect while a shot that has slight deviation can take 5 frames. Each weapon has different accuracy based on RNG (random number generator within the game aka randomness) with a few weapons such as Chargers and the L-3 Nozzlenose having a 100% hitting ratio even at their max range.

Data (immediate TTK / max range TTK / cost of a missed shot)
.52 Gal: 12 / 19 / 9
Blaster: 13 / 25 / 51
Luna Blaster: 13 / 23 / 41
Splattershot: 15 / 22 / 6
.96 Gal: 16 / 24 / 13
N-ZAP '85: 18 / 25 / 5
Splash-O-Matic: 18 / 25 / 5
Splattershot Jr: 18 / 25 / 5
Aerospray: 19 / 26 / 4
Splattershot Pro: 19 / 27 / 8
Dual Squelcher: 21 / 29 / 6
L-3 Nozzlenose: 21 / 28 / 4
Splat Roller: 22 / x / 22
Inkbrush: 26 / x / 7
Jet Squelcher: 27 / 38 / 8
Rapid Blaster: 46 / 62 / 35
Dynamo Roller: 47 / x / 47
Squiffer: 48 / 52 / 51
Splat Charger: 63 / 68 / 66
Splatterscope: 63 / 68 / 66
E-liter 3K: 80 / 108 / 105

Last edited:

Zonderion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zonderion
This is great. Can this he done with range as well? I would love to see all of these weapons "DPS" and their ranges to get a solid idea of which as a decent range with a higher DPS

Trifroze

Inkling
NNID
Trifroze
I'll throw the range values in as well, although I won't make them affect the rankings. Everyone can judge for themselves.

DNE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DNEatm
The E-Litre 3K can also kill from roughly around 3/4 charge, so I would assume that's around the 77-78th frame, but can you get the actual frame data on this as well?

fishiecracker

Inkling
NNID
fishiecracker
It has the highest DPS; they're ranked from fastest-at-killing to slowest
Oh shoot, I read this wrong last night, I thought the second number was the DPS hahaha! This explains why I like the .52Gal then!

Last edited:

Trifroze

Inkling
NNID
Trifroze
Regarding the range values I can't do it until I find reliable stats for them. Some weapons on the wiki have incorrect numbers such as the Jet Squelcher having 50/100 range when the in-game meter for that is clearly not half full.

The E-Litre 3K can also kill from roughly around 3/4 charge, so I would assume that's around the 77-78th frame, but can you get the actual frame data on this as well?
Yeah might as well.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
A well-timed E-liter shot can deal exactly 100 damage from my experience. What's probably a frame later does 100.8.

Data with damage modifiers would be cool too, but I'm not sure if doing everything six more times is something you wanna do. If you do though, I believe any Charger can OHKO without full charge with just one sub attack up.

Oh, and I don't see the normal Splat Charger on the list. Not sure if there's any difference in damage or charge time from the Splatterscope though.

Last edited:

Zonderion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zonderion
A well-timed E-liter shot can deal exactly 100 damage from my experience. What's probably a frame later does 100.8.

Data with damage modifiers would be cool too, but I'm not sure if doing everything six more times is something you wanna do. If you do though, I believe any Charger can OHKO without full charge with just one sub attack up.

Oh, and I don't see the normal Splat Charger on the list. Not sure if there's any difference in damage or charge time from the Splatterscope though.
@Katastrphik created this awesome google doc with the modifiers of attack and damage. Check it out!

Also, here is the thread discussing it.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
Inkbrush will have to be added, but the results will vary depending on how fast the player can hit the trigger.

CloneHat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CloneHat
If someone could put this on a graph with range on one axis and DPS on another, that would be great!

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Here's the TTK rankings for all weapons, tested on a 100 hp dummy with a 60 fps capture card by counting frames starting from the initial input frame and ending on the frame when the killing shot connects. This was tested right next to the dummy, although the frame differences stay the same even if you move further. Exceptions are snipers which travel at much faster speeds once released, so even at max distance their numbers will be more similar than that of other weapons. This is how weapons will rank at killing if you land every shot in an actual match. The numbers are the frames on which the final hit connected.

1. .52 Gal: 12
2. Blaster: 14
3. Splattershot: 15
4. .96 Gal: 16
5. N-ZAP '85: 18
5. Splattershot Jr.: 18
7. Aerospray: 19
7. Splattershot Pro: 19
9. Dual Squelcher: 21
10. Splat-On Roller: 23
11. Jet Squelcher: 27
12. Rapid Blaster: 46
13. Dynamo Roller: 49
14. Classic Squiffer: 50
15. Splat Charger: 63
16. E-Liter 3K: 103 (80 with the least possible charge)[/QUOT
This i really great. Good job, very useful info for the community :)
One suggestion I have is maybe define TTK in the original post for those of us who aren't familiar with shooters. I had no idea what it meant until I searched it up. :/

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I'm curious to see how Inkbrushes will be with the trigger being pulled as fast as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom