• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

did they finally fixed the splatfests?!

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i just saw the newest Splatoon 2 info on direct and daaaaamn i am getting real excited about it! o.o

but 1 thing i noticed is after i looked up info about it since that usually tells you much more,it is revealed that there will be lots of changes to the splatfests from now on..so does this mean that they will finally be going fair no matter if a team is more popular or not?! then we no more have to say that it's rigged..if this is true then i am very happy that they finally listened to something alot of us been complaining anbout for so long :D

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I’m not sure what you think is happening with “rigged” splatfests, but it doesn’t look like the changes they made will affect the advantage that the less popular team has. I think this is because the advantage has something to do with connections and disconnections, and somehow the team with fewer players (less popular) experiences fewer disconnections. I’m not sure what the exact mechanic is but I don’t know if there’s anything they can do to fix it besides overhauling how a splatfest is scored or overhauling the online system in general.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It looks fair on paper, but then the original system looked fair on paper, too.

The new system will change the strategy, though. Your bonuses will be higher if you can find a team with gear similar to yours so you get that team name bonus. And in Normal mode, your score will be higher if you focus on inking and not on splatting--you get a bonus for winning, but all else being equal, an "ink more" strategy will improve your team score more than a "splat more" strategy. And in Normal mode, you can play with friends, but not everyone will, so if you have a well-coordinated team of 4 friends, you'll do better than teams of 2 or 3 with randos.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dunno if it fixes things, as I can't see in what way it would, but it certainly complicates things.

One thing that I definitely consider an improvement though is that you now have the option again to keep playing with the same people after a match. That alone made Splatfests my favorite moments to play Splatoon 1 and I was sad to see that feature go in Splatoon 2.

Ideally, they wouldn't even take popularity into account. But then, as long as you even show the popularity, you can still see whether or not it has an effect on win % (which it does, somewhat). It's something that they most likely can't do anything about, so they're better off just completely ignoring popularity from now on. Don't show it, certainly don't count it. Maybe for Splatoon 3...

Also, Splatfests aren't rigged.

squidkidd0

Inkling
I don't understand this gear matching stuff. I don't play in a team, am I expected to just somehow guess what my teammates are wearing? How does it match anyway? It seems dumb.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I’m not sure what you think is happening with “rigged” splatfests, but it doesn’t look like the changes they made will affect the advantage that the less popular team has. I think this is because the advantage has something to do with connections and disconnections, and somehow the team with fewer players (less popular) experiences fewer disconnections. I’m not sure what the exact mechanic is but I don’t know if there’s anything they can do to fix it besides overhauling how a splatfest is scored or overhauling the online system in general.
but the the online membership will kinda fix it? i mean people who disconnect all the time will not buy it while the ones that disconnect sometimes still will buy it anyhow..soooo in a way the splatfests will be fixed right? :D but we have to see how it will play out hopefully this is the new era for Marina winning streaks! she really deserves it after all those loses which some were not even fair wins for Pearl's team to begin with.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I don't understand this gear matching stuff. I don't play in a team, am I expected to just somehow guess what my teammates are wearing? How does it match anyway? It seems dumb.
lol you have a point xD i always play with random people as well sooo that seems kinda lame to me as well,but for peeps that plays solo it would probably work out great >.<

KiwiS

Inkling
I'll play retro vs modern as see. Right now I have a good feeling tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom