• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Disconnect Anxiety

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
Does anyone else suffer from 'Disconnect Anxiety', which is the fear of the game disconnecting during battle? It usually happens to me a lot.
Sometimes, even a few seconds from the the end of battle. Ughhh.

Cephalobro

I sometimes have this when there are thunderstorms outside ready to cause a power outage at any second, since my internet depends on my router and modem, both of which need electricity, hearing thunder or seeing lightning gives me this kind of anxiety.

Mxryxmm

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7316-0504-4228
Does anyone else suffer from 'Disconnect Anxiety', which is the fear of the game disconnecting during battle? It usually happens to me a lot.
Sometimes, even a few seconds from the the end of battle. Ughhh.
Yea I do, I try not to think about it because then it affects my gameplay. Yesterday it was thundering bad and I got nervous and I disconnected and my rank went down :( but I try not to let it get to me and just focus on the fact it’s a game and I’m supposed to be having fun!

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i rarely have this happening to me anymore because i have a wifi extender in my room..if your anxiety is like really bad with stuff like this..then you should consider getting 1!
i can assure you that once you have it you will no longer suffer of getting disconnected when your internet has a good connection :D

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I highly highly recommend getting an ethernet cable and adapter if you can afford it and play near your router. They're very simple to setup and they improve connections so much.

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
I have an Ethernet adapter, and I find it doesn't do it as much. I have satellite Internet, unfortunately, it can be a pain.

Squido the Inkling

Senior Squid
I have a switch, but I don't want to buy splatoon 2 since I have splatoon 1.

Now...I'm starting to think different.

For those of you who don't experience the pain and suffering of disconnecting on splatoon 1, let me tell you how much I go through 🤬

First of all, everything freaks out and the game is laggy. Then you go through a SUPER laggy part where inklings swim through gravel. Then everything freezes and people disappear in puffs of coloured smoke. If you're lucky the screen will say something about disconnecting (I'm too busy throwing my wii console out the window) and you go back to the lobby. Sometimes I wait a little bit for people to join my battle, but then the game cuts off from there and gives me an entire *very bad swear word here* lecture on why they had to disrupt. AND THEN THAT ENTIRE 5 MINUTES YOU SPENT WAITING IS WORTHLESS.

I think I have disconnect rage, not disconnect anxiety.

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
I had disconnect rage at least of a once. I broke a TV in the process...
I have yet to receive a disconnect in Splatoon, but I don't play it that often.

Update: I just tried my Ethernet To USB adapter by Hori (It has Nintendo Switch written on it) on my WiiU, and it works.
I find that my Switch system hasn't been disconnecting much via Ethernet. I'm not sure if that's a coincidence.

Last edited:

Squido the Inkling

Senior Squid
Oh wow, you broke a TV?! Once I was getting super mad and smashed my lip against the wii console. The console was fine, but my lip swelled up and it hurt like crazy.

Mind you, breaking a TV sounds worse, so I'll just stop pitying myself...

...for now.

frankus

Banned (6 points)
I have internet is slow anxiety and one time I was battling and kicking some *** when everyone in battle disappeared. I thought I was having a dream and then I got thrown out of the battle. The internet is so unreliable sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom