• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Disconnecting In RANKED

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
i was just playing some ranked (C+ at the moment) i had 1 match to get to my next rank, we had taken the zone and were 10 from winning ... DISCONNECTED! i got 10 points deducted

all i could do was laugh

has this happened to any of you guys?

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Yes, it has - sadly it's the only way to not allow abuse by people who would disconnect as soon as they see they are losing.

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
CHU DAT ... guess we have to put up with it lol

but so annoying in ranked

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
Sometimes it's hard to tell whether it's me with the issue, or the host. I'm convinced that sometimes people disconnect at the last moments of the game because they lost. If that person is the host, everyone loses right?

I wish we could see if it was us or them that had the issue. Honestly if the host drops, they should lose the points, and everyone else should just remain at the points they had.

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
Sometimes it's hard to tell whether it's me with the issue, or the host. I'm convinced that sometimes people disconnect at the last moments of the game because they lost. If that person is the host, everyone loses right?

I wish we could see if it was us or them that had the issue. Honestly if the host drops, they should lose the points, and everyone else should just remain at the points they had.
that would be a good way to do it i think ... we can only dream lol

priMe

Inkling
NNID
SuperGen
The first couple of times, it was ok. But Joining 5 ranked battle games in a row and having someone AFK/Leave is messed up. At least give us an option to leave the lobby if we misclicked.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
It happens to me way more often when I am winning, so I think the theory about a losing host who disconnects to screw over everyone on the lobby could actually be true. That would be a whole new dimension of trolling D:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Thing about D/C they should allow you to at least TRY TO COME BACK ONCE. Like good man... this game certainly has its fair share of things that can easily grind your gears.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
The first couple of times, it was ok. But Joining 5 ranked battle games in a row and having someone AFK/Leave is messed up. At least give us an option to leave the lobby if we misclicked.
When a person is AFK I believe you don't lose many points in Ranked.
I had one game where there was one person AFK and we only lost 1 point, since the rankings are actually what determines how much points you win in Ranked. So if a Person disconnects it balances the game by awarding the winning team less points while the losers lose less points. I've also won +12 points when the other team has clearly two higher ranked players than anyone on our team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom