• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Disney rips off Splatoon?!

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I wasn't sure which forum I should've posted this in, but this is... just...

I don't know if I should be pissed or just plain homicidal over this. Disney is playing with some serious fire here, and Nintendo will notice before far too long. When that happens, prepare for a storm. This is now just plain reckless and shameless copying of a well know Wii U game. I hate Disney as much as the next person, but this is a very low blow. Lower than their takeover of Lucas Films Studios and the general Star Wars franchise.

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
I don't know if I should be pissed or just plain homicidal over this. Disney is playing with some serious fire here, and Nintendo will notice before far too long. When that happens, prepare for a storm. This is now just plain reckless and shameless copying of a well know Wii U game. I hate Disney as much as the next person, but this is a very low blow. Lower than their takeover of Lucas Films Studios and the general Star Wars franchise.
Hey... Episode VII looks cool! Kinda like how Episode 1 did in the trailers and then... well... we know what happened.

ONly thnig ot make it worse is to shoot paint and have the ability to turn into like an animal version of teir characters to swim through said paint.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I watched the stream when they were playing it. I actually think it's cool that they (attempted to) recreate Arowana Mall, I just wish we had some idea that Nintendo has approved of what they're doing. But I don't think that's the case... I just wonder why they chose the name "Squid Wars" when it has nothing to do with squids lol.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Hey... Episode VII looks cool! Kinda like how Episode 1 did in the trailers and then... well... we know what happened.

ONly thnig ot make it worse is to shoot paint and have the ability to turn into like an animal version of teir characters to swim through said paint.
I just despise the takeover of Star Wars. I'm not about to hate on the new Star Wars movie unless there are musicals in it. Robot Chicken can get away with that because it's Robot Chicken. They're funny.

In anycase, I'll agree. It will be worse if they outright copy the transformations and weapons. I have a feeling the weapons will be copied most likely.

Wonderf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wonderf
I just despise the takeover of Star Wars. I'm not about to hate on the new Star Wars movie unless there are musicals in it. Robot Chicken can get away with that because it's Robot Chicken. They're funny.

In anycase, I'll agree. It will be worse if they outright copy the transformations and weapons. I have a feeling the weapons will be copied most likely.
I'm also a bit sad they took over Star Wars :( . I feel like its just as bad as copying the transformations because Disney copied the core game play and Splatoon's game play is so unique. I also have a feeling that Disney just "forgot" they didn't own Nintendo.
lol makes think of this...

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I'm also a bit sad they took over Star Wars :( . I feel like its just as bad as copying the transformations because Disney copied the core game play and Splatoon's game play is so unique. I also have a feeling that Disney just "forgot" they didn't own Nintendo.
lol makes think of this...
lol They may 'forget' that, but they'll learn soon how wrong they are... maybe.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
And I already hate Disney Infinity for ripping off Skylanders.

Never watching Pixar movies again.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
And I already hate Disney Infinity for ripping off Skylanders.

Never watching Pixar movies again.
They can't think of something original for sure... who freaking knows maybe their movies were actually copies of something REALLY underrated...? No originality... maybe it would be better if it wasn't squids, and copy of Arowana Mall and ink but maybe humans and paint on the walls or something not even turf just ****ing walls a different original map......... at least they'd be thinking of new stuff but no it's the closest rip off I've ever seen... literally... everything is exact except there is no fluidity?

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Ever heard of a shout out? Nintendo wouldnt really care about someone recreating their games on a sandbox game.
Yeah but the thing is if you made a game and released it and in the same year some idiot made a knock off and released it.... Would you be mad or?
Kids love disney... little kids will probably end up getting the game but wait that could have been Nintendo receiving the credit... people might not know better and actually think this is originality...jfc... also the fact they claim it's theirs is bullshit too!

Also I just realized the time limit is 3 minutes also lmao...

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Yeah but the thing is if you made a game and released it and in the same year some idiot made a knock off and released it.... Would you be mad or?
Kids love disney... little kids will probably end up getting the game but wait that could have been Nintendo receiving the credit... people might not know better and actually think this is originality...jfc... also the fact they claim it's theirs is bullshit too!

Also I just realized the time limit is 3 minutes also lmao...
Its not like disney made a 60 dollar game called squid wars and released. Why would i be made cause someone recreated my game in a sandbox game, where you can create anything? More than anything i would be flattered.

azuhoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
air.conditioner
Its not like disney made a 60 dollar game called squid wars and released. Why would i be made cause someone recreated my game in a sandbox game, where you can create anything? More than anything i would be flattered.
Well, it would be flattering if they paid even a little credit to Nintendo in the first place. Their reaction wouldn't be something like "Oh, they copied the mechanics of our game. That's great!" at all.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Well, it would be flattering if they paid even a little credit to Nintendo in the first place. Their reaction wouldn't be something like "Oh, they copied the mechanics of our game. That's great!" at all.
All the squid puns they made pretty much shouted splatoon and recreating arowana mall pretty much said "Yeah, this is based off of splatoon if you couldnt tell.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom